L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: Main Job Title: Electronics Technician SupervisorPosition: req # AS20200812-54010Location: Ashburn, VAJob Description:
As an Electronic Technician Supervisor,
you will step in and lead a team to build, inspect, integrate, test and troubleshoot cables and CCA's in a manufacturing environment including research and development.
This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. Essential Objectives:
- Lead team as cable harness SME to fabricate, lay out, and install electrical wiring and coaxial cables on aircraft and Test and Support Equipment for advanced UAS, including hands-on prototyping and development.
- Lead team in hand soldering CCA's and blue wire mods.
- Conduct assessment of current e-lab/facility and lead expansion planning/implementation.
- Manage team staffing, scheduling, performance, timesheets, etc.
- Train/mentor new technicians or cell leads
Preferred Additional Skills:
- U.S. citizen
- Able to obtain and maintain DoD clearance and additional clearances as required
- High school diploma and 8 years of prior relevant experience required or 2-year relevant post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience performing all tasks required in the prototyping and fabrication of cable harnesses including potting, installation of expandable sleeving and shielding, splicing, identifying and working with various crimp tools and positioners for wire gauges ranging from 8awg to 30awg, working with RF/coax connections, etc
- Experience troubleshooting CCAs to the component level and performing necessary repairs including working with conformal coating
- Experience hand soldering components to CCAs, including under a scope
- Experience mentoring other electronics technicians and acting as a technical lead
- Experience collaborating with engineering in the review and redline of drawings
- Experience in developing new processes and work instructions for electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience researching component specs to determine torques, tooling required, and specific assembly processes
- Experience working to J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, and IPC-A-620 standards.
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Avionics A&P
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.