POSITION OVERVIEW The Integrated Security Solutions division of Xator Corporation is seeking Electronics Security Systems Technicians to administer and maintain their Fixed Site Sustainment (FSS) contract at multiple Military Operating Bases (MOB) throughout the Continental Unites States (CONUS). The Electronics Security Systems Technicians will administer, record and/or provide all preventive & corrective maintenance, testing and repair to all Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Access Control Systems (ACS), Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems, Subsystems (SENSTAR, PROTECH, Field Devices, Power Supplies, etc.), ancillary equipment (Command and Control interface devices) and badging systems under the Fixed Site Sustainment (FSS) contract. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS) * Maintain company-required performance and maintenance records utilizing the government supplied inventory tracking and work order database for identified equipment
* Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed
* Prepare reports of tests results and assessments of key electronic systems to ensure efficient operations
* Identify operational or maintenance defects with various components and find suitable replacements
* Install, troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic equipment, including controls, power supplies, gauges and sensors
* Use a variety of tools and test equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and Volt/Current/Ohm multi-meters
* Pull and terminate low voltage signal and network cables
* Install, fusion-splice, and terminate fiber optic cable
* Read and understand installation as-built design plans, electronic and construction schematics, and manufacturers' literature for electrical and electronic components
* Attends work regularly and observe approved work hours in accordance with company leave and attendance policies.
* Schedule - Availability for after-hour and weekend work is required.
* Prepared to shift to other sites when there is a need to surge efforts.JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS Qualifications include, but are not limited to: Education * Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or equivalent on-the-job work experienceExperience * At least two years in electronics maintenance * Experience with Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), intrusion detection systems (IDS, automated access control systems (ACS) and basic networking Training Requirements * Should be Honeywell - Vindicator, LINX Predator Elite (LPE) or other similar electronic systems certified within the last year and can re-certify.
* Fall protection training, lift training, confined spaces training and fiber repair training is a plusSpecialized Knowledge/Skills Requirements * Must be able to attain a security clearance.
* Additional Certifications in IDS, ACS and CCTV systems is desired
* Licensure and/or Certification - Must possess a valid driver license and automobile insurance.
* Technical Skills/Knowledge - Knowledge of basic electricity and electronics. Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the correct and safe use of hand and power tools, soldering iron, and test equipment; ability to install and maintain CCTV, surveillance video cameras and access control equipment; Ability to learn and perform installation, maintenance, and repair of mobile radios and associated emergency vehicle equipment.
* Regulatory Knowledge - Working knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly assimilate information related to State, and Federal regulations, legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures. Ability to understand and follow governmental rules and regulations on electronic security system installation and maintenance.
* Analytical/Procedural Skills - Must be analytical, detail-oriented, and able to analyze problems, identify causative factors, and apply actions to effectively resolve current issues and prevent recurrences of problem conditions.
* Decision Making/Problem Solving and Judgement - Must demonstrate an ability to accurately identify issues and problems, and determine optimal courses of action and outcomes.
* Organizational Skills - Must be organized, flexible, and able to prioritize in a multi-demand and constantly changing environment without sacrificing accuracy or timeliness.
* Interpersonal Skills - Must exercise excellent interpersonal skills - position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working/professional relationships with internal and external customers.
* Safety - Must be able to work in a safe manner at all times, avoiding shortcuts that have potential adverse results/risks, and must be able to comply with safety standards and best practices.
* Computer Systems / Hardware / Software - Must possess appropriate levels of proficiency with utilized software and computer systems and be able to learn new software/systems.
* Confidentiality - Must be able to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information and situations, and adhere to applicable laws/statutes/policies related to access, maintenance and dissemination of information.PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS Physical Requirements: * In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. * Routine lifting of objects 50-80 pounds such as drills, conduit benders, pipe threaders, cable pullers, and other equipment related to the electrical trade. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders; scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc. Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipmentWork Conditions: Typical assignments are frequently performed in both internal and external environments with a variety of weather conditions. Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with exposure to dust or dirt is routine and may require the use of protective personal equipment (PPE).