Administrative Assistant Job Description
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an Administrative Assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative Assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, Administrative Assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- Prior administrative experience.
- Excellent computer skills, especially typing.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
Physical Requirements: Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted. Able to withstand extreme temperatures in a typical warehouse environment. Position spends a large amount of time standing, walking, lifting, pulling and pushing. Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you compare us to other electrical distributors, or even to wholesalers and retailers in general, you'll notice several key qualities that set Elliott Electric Supply apart. For instance, where most other companies depend on outsourcing and temporary contracts for specialized projects, we employ permanent teams of skilled individuals who are personally invested and contribute to the company's success year-round.
In addition to our Accounting, Sales, Warehouse, and Human Resources departments, we've got our own Publishing, Training, Information Technology, Web Development, and Software Development teams. Like this website, all of our catalogs and company networks and computer programs and advertisements are conceived and maintained 100% in-house, which means Elliott Electric Supply has a lot to offer in terms of career opportunities.
Posting ID: 597611051Posted: 2021-01-21