Kelly Services is seeking an Electrical Engineer
for our well-known client in the Medical Device industry
in Portage MI. This is a 12-month contract position
Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Portage MI
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to verify product design conformance to US and international electrical and mechanical standards, regulations, and initiatives. Provide direction and support to lab personnel with respect to compliance testing, design, and sustainment of engineering teams in relation to compliance issues, and 3rd party labs with respect to our product compliance testing.
- Development and execution of test plans with design, quality, and test teams. Works with Electrical and Mechanical Test Engineers to ensure the correct test processes and procedures are followed to gain and maintain product compliance.
- Primarily responsible for any equipment, processes, accreditation, documentation, or audits associated with internal certification, preliminary compliance and compliance testing. Assists in designing and installing process sampling systems, procedures, statistical techniques, testing mechanisms, and equipment associated with compliance testing. Assists the design teams in analyzing acquired data and failures in order to provide actionable information to help improve design quality and efficiency with respect to compliance.
- Evaluates, recommends, procures and/or maintains various processes, procedures, architecture, equipment, programs, instrumentation and other technologies for continuous improvements in compliance or compliance testing.
- Acts as technical lead for design, sustainment engineering, and test team members, third party labs, or contractors as necessary. Supports all of the above during engineering work arming each group with the information necessary to drive product compliance with the applicable standards.
- agencies in order to provide expertise and input for any technical issues, actions, or decisions.
- Primary representative for all compliance related issues existing in Manufacturing transfers.
- Works with limited supervision while conferring with more senior staff on unusual matters.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity
- Work within and apply the following standards in the development of our products (not limited to the below standards) is preferred:
- IEC 60601-1 (General Safety Requirements for Medical Electrical Equipment)
- IEC 60601-1-2 (EMC)
- IEC 60601-2-52 (Electrically Operated Hospital Beds)
- IEC 60529 (Ingress Protection for Enclosures)
- IEC 61000 Series (EMC Testing Techniques)
- UL 746C (Polymeric Material Used In Electrical Equipment)
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to premier perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Outstanding online employee community
- Transportation Spending Accounts
- Offered and coordinated by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Posting ID: 598741388Posted: 2021-01-27