S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type. Job Title: Extinguisher / Kitchen Suppression Technician
The primary function of this role is to perform NFPA based service, inspections and installations of portable extinguishers, kitchen extinguishing systems, and exit/emergency light inspections. The Company goal is to continuously grow the revenues of the Suppression Department while maintaining profits, satisfying customer's requirements, and staying compliant with NFPA guidelines.
This job requires a focus towards customer development and support, quality work performance, and an understanding of all the necessary NFPA codes that support each type of system. This position requires travel to customer sites.Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform service, inspections and installations based on NFPA 10, 17, 17A, 96
- Perform basic troubleshooting and describe any issues to owners and service managers for repairs.
- Monitor and assure progress and completion of all assigned tasks.
- Complete and submit all work tickets and inspection reports to administrative personnel in a timely manner.
- Responsible for self-scheduling of daily inspections.
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory and work load.
- Up-sell Company capabilities to new and existing customers.
- Perform inspections from man lifts at elevations of 30 to 40 feet from ground level, as necessary.
- Participate in after-hours / emergency on call rotation
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education / Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Two to three years of related work experience required.
- Vocational or industry trade school is a plus.
- Knowledge of NFPA 10, 17, 96, 17A is required.
- Basic mechanical skills, including the ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues is required.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolding, and scissors or articulating lifts is required.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record is required.
- Ability to obtain all required certifications.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds is required.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel) applications required.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities to perform this job successfully.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must develop and maintain strong business relationships.
- Must think strategically, make sound decisions, and produce accurate and timely results.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employee and management.
- Must demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must prioritize in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
- Must work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs.
Posting ID: 569291034Posted: 2020-08-20