Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Hospice Area Market Executive is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the company, among all departments, and all external stakeholders. The Hospice Area Market Executive has responsibility for identifying markets of opportunity and securing market penetration for Compassus to fulfill our vision as the pre-eminent American healthcare provider dedicated to delivering unsurpassed comfort to those needing compassionate navigation through life's closing chapters. S/he partners with Hospice Program Leaders in developing Books of Business and growth strategies for the Hospice Programs in his/her area of responsibility, as well as participating in the recruiting, hiring, and training of new growth staff. The Hospice Area Market Executive oversees Hospice Program growth, assists in ensuring the growth team's execution of the growth plan, and ensures the professional development of growth staff. S/he has a strong partnership with the clinical Leaders and Colleagues and serves as a growth resource to all staff. The Hospice Area Market Executive may assist in the start-up of new Hospice Locations or Hospice Programs as directed. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Devotes the necessary training time to ensure growth colleagues' peak performance.
- Creates and manages by a "Book of Business" for each Hospice Care Consultant.
- Defines and manages the monthly and annual growth objectives for all growth staff.
- Closely monitors all growth metrics, including contacts, closing, and conversions; communicates progress toward goals.
- Serves as a growth resource to all colleagues, both growth and clinical, in support of the Growth goal.
- Assures that the key growth fundamentals are executed with the goal of increasing their Hospice Care Consultant's closing percentages.
- Assists program leadership in planning and presenting educational, informational, and marketing programs to area professional groups.
- Works closely with Compassus Medical Directors to ensure advocacy for access in the community.
- Proactively monitors and reports on issues affecting the business, including competitive pressures, talent, recruiting, market/industry movements, and other challenges that impact business unit performance.
- May be responsible for their own Book of Business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree along with at least three years' experience leading growth teams is strongly preferred. Alternatively, at least five years' experience managing growth teams is required. Masters of Business Administration is related field is desirable. At least two years' experience selling services within the healthcare field is preferred. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage. Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Strong written and verbal communications. Reasoning Ability
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Computer Skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Other Qualifications
Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends. Must be able to travel extensively, including some overnight trips. Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
A valid driver's license and auto liability insurance. Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Articulates and embraces hospice philosophy.