Prepare, administer, and measure radioactive isotopes for therapeutic and diagnostic studies utilizing a variety of radioisotope equipment. Perform all duties according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements. Demonstrates a commitment to "World Class Customer Service" and promotes a positive work environment.
Prepare, measure, and administer radiopharmaceuticals for diagnostic and therapeutic studies by performing the following duties.
- Calculate doses, order radiopharmaceuticals and administers doses under direction of Physician.
- Performs diagnostic studies on patients as prescribed by Physician, using a gamma camera to detect radiation emitted and to produce images for radiologist interpretation.
- Evaluates images for technical quality, verify in PACS, complete work in RIS
- Able to answer patient, technologist and radiologist questions.
- Must be able to go beyond duties in order to do what is best for the patients and department.
- Perform quality control on gamma cameras and hot lab equipment.
- Follow radiation safety techniques in use and disposal of radioactive materials.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Reacts well under pressure. Maintains confidentiality.
- Technical Skills Assay, administration, documentation and disposal of radiopharmaceuticals. Performance of quality control procedures. Operation of imaging systems, storage media, and radiation detection and counting devices. Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner. Strives to increase productivity. Works quickly. Makes timely decisions.
- Customer Service Ability to handle difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit puts success of team above own interests. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Open communications between sites and other departments. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Safety and Security - Utilizes techniques that will minimize radiation exposure to the patient, general public, and health care personnel, through consistent use of protective devices consistent with ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable). Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Consistently at work and on time. Takes responsibility for own actions. Asks for and offers help when needed. Flexible to work at multiple locations and varied shifts.
- Completion of a certificate, associate, or bachelor's degree program through an accredited radiology school
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations MRTBE, ARRT and/or NMTCB, and CPR
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 593860712Posted: 2021-01-22