Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
- Conduct in vivo procedures to evaluate efficacy of AAV gene therapy candidates in rodent models, primarily mice.
- Perform standard mouse procedures including plasma/serum collection, IV injections, necropsies, and tissue collection in compliance with established protocols
- Conduct in life safety assessments: monitor body weight, clinical observations, and survival of mice.
- Perform standard mouse behavioral assays including open field, elevated plus maze, Barnes maze, fear conditioning paradigms and more.
- Maintain accurate records of animal assessments and study activities; document experimental data in laboratory notebook, including a description of the study purpose, activities performed, observed results, and variation from expected data patterns
- Data entry into animal management software
- With guidance from scientific management, prepare data for inclusion in study reports
- With guidance from scientific management, analyze and present in vivo data to project team
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations to advance broad company goals and objectives
- Comply with all laboratory safety procedures
- Perform additional tasks or special projects as assigned or needed
- Bachelors in Biosciences with 3 years or more of industry experience in neurobiology, cell biology, physiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field in the biological sciences
- Proficient in standard in vivo techniques (animal handling, blood collection, dosing, necropsy, tissue dissections)
- Experience with preclinical mouse models of neurobiology and/or AAV techniques strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of gene-based therapy approaches (gene regulation, RNA medicine, gene therapy, gene editing, gene silencing)
- Willingness to learn and conduct complex surgical procedures such as stereotaxic surgery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced research environment. Ability to work on weekends on a rotating schedule
- Collaborative mindset and a willingness to work with different teams.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.
Posting ID: 594598517Posted: 2021-01-23