Assists physicians during endoscopy procedures, handling specimens collected and sterilizing equipment.
1. Assists physicians with various procedures, including, but not limited to, colonoscopies, upper gastrointestinal endoscopies (EGDs), esophageal dilations, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy, etc.
2. Prepares procedure room for case, maintaining clean examination areas by setting up rooms, cleaning instruments after case.
3. Responsible for patient safety during electrocautery procedures, ensuring proper patient grounding and proper function of electrocautery equipment.
4. Initiates cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
5. Troubleshoots equipment malfunction, calls for yearly equipment checks, and calls equipment vendors for assistance.
6. Handles the maintenance of all endoscopes. Checks all scopes that will be used for color and clarity, that air and water channels are open, that the control knobs are not too tight or loose, and also completes visual inspection of insertion tube for buckling or bite marks.
7. Responsible for maintaining inventory par levels, restocking endoscopy related supplies in procedure rooms and monitoring expiration dates.
8. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
High school graduate with previous health care experience preferred.
Must possess the ability to anticipate, prioritize, and coordinate work.
Must function independently, as well as a member of a team in a high stress environment.
Excellent verbal communication skills required.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Must obtain BLS certification within six months of employment.
Must maintain their BLS certification at all times.
Currently Registered with the New Hampshire Board of Registration for Medical Technicians
Posting ID: 582594960Posted: 2020-12-05