PES Group Inc., a consulting firm specialized in Energy Management, Electrical, Mechanical, I&C, and Information systems engineering, is seeking an experienced energy manager. Excellent salary and benefits. Immediate opening for the following position in Metro Detroit, Michigan:
ENERGY MANAGER, experienced in energy audits and energy conservation for commercial and industrial facilities.
The individual should have the following qualifications and background:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or degree in Engineering Technologies or Facility Engineering
- Possess analytical skills to assess problems and situations, develop recommendations and implement solutions, including economic justifications.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to facilitate effective interactions with team member’s internal and external customers, and vendors/suppliers/contractors.
- Must have Three (3) Years of experience in conducting energy and/or power studies, managing projects, and/or directing and inspecting the work implementation teams.
- Must possess strong verbal & written communication skills to present ideas, findings and recommendations in a logical clear manner, and negotiate and persuade effectively.
- Must be a self-leader and work without constant direction.
Energy Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The Energy Manager will be part of a team assigned to aid commercial and industrial customers reduce energy usage. Duties and Responsibilities for an Energy Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Launch and sustain an energy awareness campaign whose primary objective is to raise energy awareness at the facility, to engender a change in the company culture relative to energy.
- Develop and maintain an energy management team consisting of appropriate personnel at the facility.
- Prepare and maintain baseline information on key energy parameters relative to applicable significant energy consuming activities within the facility.
- Conduct periodic energy audits to determine the energy cost savings opportunities and report progress of work with facility personnel as required, maximizing non-capital opportunities.
- Perform detailed Utility bill analyses of the customer's energy usages or plant processes and develop recommendations for more efficient operation of equipment.
- Develop and maintain a current energy savings projects and opportunities list and assist with implementation of these.
- Monitor, review, and as applicable, recommend and assist the customer in participation of Federal, State, and local and utility energy conservation initiatives, programs and rebates.
- Seek out opportunities to improve customer satisfaction through recommendation and implementation of energy efficient alternatives.
- Review proposals concerning new machines, equipment, and processes that consume energy.
- Develop business cases and assist in writing capital and/or resource appropriations requests.
Posting ID: 598311392Posted: 2021-01-16