Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Design Engineering Manager to support our business in Chantilly, VA. This organization supports mission critical government programs.
This position will work on-site leading a cross-functional team of approximately 20 engineers, architects and designers. This team will create designs for facility enhancement projects and develop plans for audio/visual network upgrades. The successful candidate will be stepping into a tremendously successful program and have opportunities to grow your career.
- Lead an in-house team of design professionals by inspiring them and optimizing their performance
- Deliver architectural and engineering designs in support of our program's Statement of Work and additional projects that are awarded
- Provide world-class customer service to our government partners and lead mission-supporting upgrades to their facilities and sites
- Assess and lead site space planning initiatives and communication network engineering efforts
- Drive standardization for the designs we deliver
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Ability to obtain a Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI poly) post-start
- Leadership experience
- Customer Service experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with AutoCAD, Archibus or SAP
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
SHIFT: This is a 1st shift position