Lifestyle Coordinator (Activities/Program Coordinator) - Per Diem - weekend availability strongly preferred
Maplewood Senior Living, an innovative, forward-thinking senior living provider, strives to inspire our associates to learn, develop, and succeed. As we continue to grow, we are seeking devoted and caring Activities/Program Coordinators (Lifestyle Coordinator) to become part of our family.
Maplewood at Stony Hill is currently hiring Activities/Program Coordinator for Per Diem opportunities.
Maplewood Stony Hill, 46 Stony Hill Rd, Bethel, CT 06801
Maplewood offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including medical, dental, vision, a 401K plan, paid time-off, life insurance policy, voluntary Aflac insurance and more!
Lifestyle Coordinator will assist the Lifestyle Director with the development, coordination's and implementation of all programs and ensuring that it is therapeutic to the residents and maximizes their quality of life. Maplewood Senior Living offers a full range of social, physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and purposeful programs to meet overall well-being of our residents. The Lifestyle Coordinator shall make every effort to meet the comprehensive needs and interests of all the residents.
- Must possess a passion for working with the senior population and improving their quality of life
- Provide outstanding customer service to all residents, family members, responsible persons, and visitors of residents in the community
- Personable, reliable, great communicator and team player
- Creative, energetic, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, encouraging, and team-oriented
- Create a positive atmosphere with an engaging variety of activities
- Assist with the creation of a monthly calendar program calendar is designed and implemented based on resident's interests & abilities.
- Plans, schedule, lead and monitor, recreational programs to meet the needs of all of our residents.
- Assist with coordination with transportation for outings and events outside of the community, which may include driving a community motor vehicle
- Successfully worked within Lifestyle budgetary guidelines regarding entertainment, supplies, and labor hours
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events
- Requires an associate degree from an accredited college or university or satisfactory completion of two years of college, with a major work in recreation, occupational therapy, gerontology or related field, or two years of full-time experience in the recreation field with an adult population
- Experience in an environment which focuses on dementia care, preferred
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Basic typing skills and computer knowledge: familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Publisher and creative software
- Driver requirements; valid driver's license with good driving record. May be required to take a driving test
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posting ID: 608187274Posted: 2021-02-23