Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Interim Top Secret Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret Suitability:
No Suitability Required Public Trust/Other Required:Job Family:
Cyber Security Job Description:
Are you an experienced cybersecurity leader that wants to make a difference? Are you driven to ensure information systems are resilient in terms of both security and operations? Do you want to change how customers manage risk tactically, operationally, and strategically? Then we have an opportunity for you.
GDIT is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider to the federal government. We have an immediate need for a Commercial Solutions for Classified Systems (CSfC) Architect Expert to drive a team of cyber engineers, architects, and analysts focused to ensure we meet our customer's security services and technology needs.
The CSfC Architect Expert will provide comprehensive systems architecture to drive to design, develop, and operational transition, of the Enterprise Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) Gateway, providing secure, mobile reach-back and data-at-rest (DAR) capability to enterprise services. Capture requirements and translate for mission needs, work with solution owners and mission partners to ensure integration and interoperability with next-generation devices and capabilities. Perform analysis on upcoming CSfC Capability Package (CP) and Annex modifications or revisions and assess impacts to government client accreditation for potential incorporation. Design comprehensive architectures in accordance with the government client and NSA Architecture Framework and periodically assess capability gaps between the current and recommended architectures, design, and develop architectural roadmaps based on the "as-is" and "to-be" architectures. Present candidate architecture based on down-selection through preliminary and critical design reviews. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to evolve the architecture to fit specific deployment scenarios and use cases. Generate Bills of Materials, Service Request Forms, and circuit actions to assist the Government in acquiring hardware, software, and services across the Agency. Responsibilities
- Determine security requirements by evaluating requirements and mission partner strategies; research current and pending CSfC capabilities along with industry information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plan security systems for deployment within NSA approved CSfC solutions by evaluating network and security technologies; develop requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to NSA and applicable federal standards.
- Implement security systems by specifying mobile voice communication methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verify security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or similar relevant field
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in enterprise systems lifecycle management, structured system development methodologies (preferably Information Engineering), structured analysis, and/or information systems development or a relevant technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience in architecting Commercial Solutions for Classified, CSfC capability Packages of Mobile and Data-at-Rest)
- Knowledge of DISN or DoDIN network services, enterprise services, or unified capabilities
- Knowledge of the customization of Commercial Solutions for Classified, CSfC
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise risk management with strong understanding of cyber threats, vulnerabilities, probability and impact.
- Proficiency in written and oral communications across multiple stakeholder groups ranging from junior staff to senior executives.
- Strong background in process development, documentation, and continuous improvement.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Experience developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), job aids, and hands-on training materials.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Master's Degree or equivalent years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or similar relevant field
- Experience with one or more of the following: Mobile endpoints, device management, and architectures including Apple iOS and Android, Windows or Linux server software and technologies, HA and redundancy configurations, Cloud and virtualization software and services, Citrix, VMware, F5 BIG-IP family of load balancers, and, or proxy appliances
- Experience with the implementation of DoD PKI, DoD, Data Center deployments and service provider architectures
- Professional-level network Certification, including Cisco CCNP, or Juniper JNCIP
40 Travel Required:
Less than 10% Telecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed Work Location:
USA VA Sterling Additional Work Locations:
USA VA Rosslyn
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.