Entry Level Fleet Technician
Are you the Entry Level Technician we're looking for at First Transit?
We're Proud to Offer You:
- Top hourly wage of $15.00 - $18.00.
- A clean and positive work environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid time off
- Company-provided ASE training and testing materials
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
As an Entry-Level First Transit Utility Service Technician, You'll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Transit Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Cleaning and washing vehicles twice each week.
- Performing minor vehicle repairs
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Properly using state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
- Fuel all vehicles
- Check and add fluids to vehicles as needed
- Clean and detail facility and the interiors and exteriors of vehicles
- Complete other maintenance tasks assigned by the supervisor.
You'll Need to Have:
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Previous gasoline or diesel vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- Valid driver's license
- Appropriate mechanic's toolset
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be able to obtain while employed (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
Who Are We?
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services, and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, & Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Posting ID: 599570957Posted: 2021-01-14