Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
The position researches, plans, and designs mechanical products and systems. This position directs and coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, and repair of mechanical products and systems.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal and specifications to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Designs products or systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines, and mechanical systems.
- Plans/directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods & procedures for testing.
- Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Responsible for data entry, document revision and control in the Thorlabs ERP system.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in mechanical engineering design.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor s degree in mechanical engineering or related field or equivalent working experience
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
- Working knowledge on SolidWorks or similar 3D modeling software.
- Strong proficiency in MS office and communication tools.
- Excellent statistical data analysis and problem solving abilities.
- Effectively reports progress and problems through written or oral reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong innovation skill.
- Flexibility/adaptability in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Online Below
Posting ID: 598678128Posted: 2021-02-26