We are seeking an Electronic Assembly Technician in Sterling, VA.
- Assembly of electronic enclosures, camera assemblies, electronic assemblies, and intelligent optical systems and solutions using approved processes and industry standards.
- Assembly of various cable types through means of cutting and terminating.
- Functional testing, trouble shooting, and repair of various hardware and software configurations.
- Revising work instructions, assembly procedures, test procedures, test forms, technical manuals, technical docs, and control guides.
- Assisting in the ordering and receiving of parts and finished products.
- Conducting incoming inspections of a variety of parts and finished products.
- Understanding of non-conformances and basic processes of controlling non-conformances.
- Understanding of customer return material authorizations and the basic process of correcting issues associated with them.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Assisting engineering team in testing and troubleshooting hardware and software configurations.
- Assisting engineering with customer demonstrations.
- Creation of factory acceptance tests for final systems assembly.
- Revising factory acceptance tests based on updated hardware and software configurations.
- Documenting and maintaining a data base of model and serial numbers.
- Working with engineers on product development.
- Understanding of ISO 9001-2015 standards.
- Ensure ISO 9001-2015 standards are followed.
- Recommend improvements to leadership team for improvements.
- Understanding of CORE and Office 365 platforms.
- Understanding of Windows 10 OS.
- Assisting export manager in acquiring weights and dimensions for shipping.
- Ability to operate a forklift and walk behind.
- Software testing, validation, and where applicable, debugging & correction recommendations.
- Collaborating with engineers on product development, testing and demonstrations.
- Assist with training of in-house technicians in assembly and testing of Gatekeeper products.
- Understanding of ESD procedures.
- Maintain clean workspace to include wiping of worktables at the end of each day and sweeping of work area at the end of the day.
- Understanding schematics and other electronic drawings.
- Disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
- 2+ years’ experience in a shipping & receiving facility
- ISO 9001:2015 experience
- NetSuite experience
- 2+ years of Installation or maintenance of computers and/or computer-based products
- 2+ years of Advanced PC skills – email, MS Office (Excel & Word) Networking (LAN/WAN)
- 2+ years of Experience with electronic Test Equipment – VOM, Optical Meter, Cable Testers
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- This position regularly requires standing, walking, using hands, reaching with hands/arms, talking, and hearing. It frequently requires climbing or balance, stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, and lifting or moving weights of 50lbs.
- Close vision, distance vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus, and the ability to see color are required. These may be corrected with the use of glasses or contacts.
- Because the job requires the testing of electronic equipment, there is a risk of electrical shock. However, there is no exposure to high voltage. ESD training and ESD work environments are provided.
- On rare occasions, there may be a need to work in a high place or to use caustic adhesives.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Posting ID: 609768387Posted: 2021-03-03