Schedule Hours: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM; Full Time Status - 40 hours a week and works every other weekend.
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
Our Environmental Service Tech II works on a variety of assigned units and/or public access areas and is a key contributor in our goal of reducing the spread of disease/illness by strict adherence to thorough cleaning and disinfecting procedures. The EVS II team member positively impacts patient, visitor and team member confidence in a safe clinical environment.
**Exposure to disease/illness, cleaning chemicals and electrical equipment is part of this vital position in our healthcare ministry.
- Scrub, strips, polishes and refinishes floors using appropriate equipment and/or supplies. Operates various types of cleaning equipment, both mechanical and electrical, i.e. ringers, vacuum, electric floor machines, sweepers, etc.
- Waste must be disposed of in a timely manner to assure hospital cleanliness
- Customer Satisfaction-Demonstrates a commitment to satisfying customer needs and exceeding customer expectations
- Provides support for the following services
- Cross-trained on discharge room cleans and OR cleaning to accommodate Hospital needs during peak periods or staffing needs, and complete Housekeeping Aide duties as needed
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence
- Maintains responsibility for attendance and punctualityâ€¯â€¯
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years' experience with prior housekeeping experience preferred
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Job responsibilities involve walking, standing, bending, climbing and lifting throughout the workday
**Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For lifts over 35 pounds, lifting equipment is expected to be used or lift with at least one other associate when available. Unique lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Posting ID: 596796943Posted: 2021-01-16