Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as a Project Manager at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
-Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH’s unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned including but not limited to performance of property checks, and light maintenance on VRC lab equipment and monitoring VPP consumable inventory levels.
- Sterile transfers/aliquots VPP produced materials and submit for analytics testing, and ensure material is properly coded into the technical services database.
- Maintain and ensure the VPP database is current, and coordinates within technical services group potential availability of material requests.
- Maintain and verify VPP produced materials are properly coded into the technical services database and that the database is current, and coordinates within technical services group potential availability of material requests.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the scientific operations manager, which include but are not limited to, performance of property checks, light maintenance on lab equipment, moving laboratory and other equipment, and monitoring inventory levels.
- Serve as a liaison for the VWR catalyst technician and works with the technician to create a supply database to ensure that critical consumables are maintained at adequate levels.
- Serve as a secondary emergency responder for all VPP REES monitored equipment.
- Scan and log in all the packing slips from FNLCR and VWR orders and enter the orders as rec’d in the VPP purchasing database.
- Maintain TS department product database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Prepare shipment for postal or commercial conveyance; select appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery. Prepare bills of lading; check items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receive and unload incoming materials and verify accuracy of shipment, process return shipments as needed.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Operate dolly/ pallet jack in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; assist in routine maintenance of lab equipment and shipping area.
- Deliver items to requisitioning departments and obtain authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Manage and trace lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; provide proof of delivery documents.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and write/revise Standard Operating Procedures related to primary duties and other aspects of VPP Scientific Operations as needed.
- Maintain supplier/vendor relationships through regular communication as directed by scientific operations manager.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field.
- 3 to 4 years of related experience is required.
- Ability to both follow and write/revise SOP’s for buffer preparation as well as SOP’s for acquisitions.
- Hands-on experience with inventory management systems.
- Expert in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with database entry, programming, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with general scientific/biotechnology laboratory supply requirements.
- Strong analytical capabilities to prepare inventory analyses.
- Strong communication skills to communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren’t contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly’s Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what’s next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.