Description:The first line manager of the ASW Operating Environment team will be responsible for the day to day management and successful attainment of all program cost, schedule, and technical performance objectives. The ASW Operating Environment Manager is responsible for personnel and resource management, project planning, scheduling, and execution of the ASW Tactical Operating Environment (OE) development, test, and deployment at Manassas, VA lab facilities. Duties include providing adequate staffing and training/skill/knowledge base; addressing Engineering Program Management (EPM) staffing requests and performance adjustments; handling contract-related issues (program priorities, test schedules, tools, workload planning, workload balance, task monitoring, issue resolution, etc.); reviewing Earned Value Management (EVM); dealing with out-of-scope requests; participating in key milestone event preparation (PDR, CDR, etc.); keeping the team, upper management, Chief Engineer org, and Program Management informed via Items-of-Information (IOIs), Monthly Program Reviews (MPRs), and Chief Engineer Reviews (CERs), and assuring that ASW Operating Environment development and test processes are followed. Special assignments as assigned.
• BS Degree in Systems Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent Science/Technical degree
• System Engineering, Information Technology, or similar technical Background
• Experience with leading Hardware/System Administration and Asset Management Teams
• Control Account Management (CAM) experience
• Program Financial Measurements / Cost Management and reporting experience. Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Personnel management, problem resolution and employee relations including teammates and subcontractors • High desire to provide customer satisfaction
• Demonstrated ability through work experience, to partner across organizations to achieve results
• Demonstrated strong communications, coordination, integration, and advanced planning skills • Solid ability to organize
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance at the SECRET level
• ASW Operating Environment tactical experience
• Understanding of Systems Engineering processes for all phases of the engineering process
• Systems and Systems Administration experience
• CAM Certification or LM PM Certified, PMI Certified or working toward certification
• Demonstrated ability through work experience, setting expectations (with all levels)
• Demonstrated and recognized for Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors and skills
• Working knowledge of Information Technology processes, tools, and technologies
• Ability to work through problems while considering impacts to cost, schedule, and technical impacts
• Ability to think strategically to help shape the future
• Strong oral & written communication
job.Qualifications Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.