JOB TITLE: Special Projects Coordinator
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
This position investigates and resolves complex and sensitive service-related disputes involving job seeking and program customers. Analyzes existing and proposed programs, policies, and services to ensure their equability and responsiveness to customer needs. Provides recommendations for improvements in customer service systems, relations and administration. Implements programs and services targeted to specific customer needs. Serves as liaison to develop and maintain relations with community groups and complaint/regulatory agencies. Will help coordinate special programs/grants/contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as customer ombudsman and facilitates resolution of complaints/concerns on behalf of the company and its customers.
• Advocates customer viewpoints to management on decisions directly affecting Workforce related concerns.
• Examines causes of customer disputes and discusses with management to improve customer relations.
• Investigates and facilitates resolution of customer complaints.
• Serves as liaison to consumer and regulatory agencies to build consensus and strengthen rapport in support of strategic direction, mission, and goals and conducts community events.
• Implements, coordinates, promotes, and evaluates special programs/grants/contracts.
• Assures program contract or regulatory compliance.
• Participates in the development and administration of program/grants/contract’s budget.
• Analyzes and recommends improvements in customer service procedures, systems, programs and services.
• Serves as a representative of Workforce Solutions in the community.
• Performs random customer satisfaction surveys for orientations, programs, etc.
• Communicates goals to all center management and ensures that goals are met.
• Develops and implements processes/procedures to provide a uniformed service delivery for all centers.
• Tracks customer satisfaction reports.
• Creates a positive work environment.
• Gathers input from center management and staff to create and implement strategies for improvement.
• Participates in meetings with Senior Management Team, partners, Board Staff and other appropriate individuals and groups.
• Provides guidance with technical issues i.e., computer system, service delivery, program requirement.
• Creates and revises flyers and forms through professional software programs.
• Plans and coordinates conference meetings in the office.
• Uploads required information into the intranet/internet as needed.
• Conducts presentations to the community on workforce solutions as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field of study and 2 years of experience working in the public or private sector, preferably in a field of workforce development, or
• Associate Degree from accredited college with 4 years of experience working in the public or private sector, preferably in a field of workforce development, or
• High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited educational institution with 6 years of experience working in the public or private sector, preferably in a field of workforce development.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated customer service skills, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills, with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with management, coworkers, Board staff, and the general public.
• Familiarity with the communities being served, with knowledge and understanding of local needs and resources.
• Ability to use appropriate visual aid equipment.
• The position is in the Workforce Solutions service delivery area. A Special Projects Coordinator must be able to relocate anywhere in the service delivery area.
• Must be organized and detail oriented
• Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands for finger coordination, reach with arms and hands, pulling standard file cabinet and vertical file drawers, lift/carry 10 pounds of paper, drive a vehicle, stoop, kneel, talk and hear. Occasional travel required.
C2 Global Professional Services is an award-winning employment and training organization, that prepares and places people into productive jobs. We’re located in five regions in Texas and one in Florida. We strive to fulfill our mission by following our Core Values of “Respect, Communication, Customer Engagement and Ingenuity.”
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life. You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a competitive benefits plan which includes: