This job post is for our DMV area office
Ntiva is currently searching for rock stars who are motivated by the rush of helping people and organizations achieve success, empowered by the role of Ntiva System Engineer. If you are a highly motivated individual with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and technicians and possess strong IT knowledge, this position may be a great opportunity for you! Ntiva System Engineer actively troubleshoot and manage networks, servers and systems for a diverse range of clients and in their work both on-site and off, are seen as a reliable source of support for our clients’ technical success. Team oriented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and major responsibility will find Ntiva to be a refreshing place to grow.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Work with and advise team members and customers on best practices, advanced troubleshooting, and future systems designs
- Create and update documentation, Visio diagrams, and functional designs of existing or future customer environments
- Implementing and troubleshooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless
- Implementing and troubleshooting multi-site Active Directory 2008R2/2012/2016 environments
- Implementing and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 environments
- Implementing and troubleshooting on-premises networks with multiple WAN and VLAN configurations
- Implementing and troubleshooting virtualization environments
- Implementing and troubleshooting storage area networks
- Evaluate current client environments and recommend best practice solutions
- Test and evaluate network systems to eliminate issues and create improvements
- Effectively communicate issues and alternative solutions
- Travel to client sites as needed
- Provide some on-call and after hours support
- Proven customer facing field experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012/2016
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 and O365.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Windows operating system (2008R2/2012R2/2016/7/10)
- Proficient with Virtualization technologies including VMware ESX 5.5 and later or Hyper-V
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (2010/2013/2016).
- Proficient with Cisco router, firewall, switch, and access point configuration and management.
- Expertise in routing and switching technology and terminology as well as the OSI model and how it applies to telecommunications.
- Knowledge of iSCSI devices
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Willingness to travel within and outside the region
- 5+ years Systems and Network Engineering experience
- Strong technical experience with Hyper-V, Firewalls, Microsoft Server
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of administration for Microsoft Windows operating system including installation, management, application deployment, and security
- Demonstrated expertise in TCP/IP network support
- Experience with cloud hosting solutions (AWS, Azure)
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: VCP, MCSE, CCNP, ITILv3, Security+
As information technologies evolve, Ntiva employees do, too. Our environment encourages, supports, and rewards professional growth and commitment to creating forward-thinking business solutions for our clients. Any organization is only as good as the people from which it is comprised, and it is this fact that sets Ntiva apart.
Accelerate your development as you work in an energetic team to help you realize your potential. As part of our team you will have exposure to the latest solutions and inside product tracks even before they hit the market. When you join our exclusive brain trust of premium talent you will have the opportunity to work on the most challenging engagements with the best solutions at the best companies.
Top Pay and Benefits in a progressive, growing environment
Premium Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Retirement Plan + Company Match
Defined and Measurable tracks for promotion
Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
Long and Short Term Disability coverage
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
Employee Discounts on Computers and Accessories
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 593586098Posted: 2021-01-17