Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.Responsibilities
Candidates will work closely with the Deputy Director and COR to:
- Track multi-million dollar accounts across fiscal years for all ongoing and potential new SFCB-managed programs
- Collect and analyze financial data on all SFCB-managed projects, including project and program cost, progress, and timelines
- Track appropriations and allocations, identify unliquidated obligations, reconcile funding records, and identify challenges and program constraints
- Coordinate with financial implementers across the interagency to produce SFCB-managed monthly financial reports
- Advise SFCB Division Chief, program managers, and staff on the current financial status of all SFCB-managed programs
- Provide technical support and assistance for the financial management of the SFCB portfolio to include drafting allotment memos; utilizing Global Financial Management System (GFMS) and Integrated Logistics Management Systems (ILMS) ARIBA to execute financial requests; and monitoring allotments, obligations and expenditures via State Department and DoD financial database systems (Data Warehouse and Security Cooperation Information Portal (SCIP))
- Working with program office staff, is responsible for financial reconciliation, invoicing, and deliverables for all obligations of active and closed out contracts and Interagency Agreements for SFCB-managed programs
- Support government staff with contract administration needs
- Coordinate with all SFCB country project implementing partners at State and DoD as needed to determine best approach for managing SFCB financial data
- Support the development of presentations of data results and findings from data collection activities and evaluations as required
- Coordinate with DoD/DSCA stakeholders to determine the most efficient way of managing and reporting on funds executed by DoD
- Apply knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, and practices from the FAM and FAH and other agencies requirements and objectives to ensure adherence and address concerns or problems by developing rapport with colleagues, leadership officials, and outside agency personnel
- Two or more years of experience in financial management of large, complex funding sources, preferably in USG security assistance
- Experience with and extensive knowledge of the Department of Defense, Security Sector Assistance, or Department of State foreign assistance financial management processes
- The Advisor will regularly coordinate with other PM offices, DoD counterparts, implementing agencies, and other government stakeholders in order to carry out these tasks.
- Degree in business, finance, social science, international development, public administration, or evaluation
- Experience working on State and DoD security assistance programs
- Experience drafting allotment memos, working closing with budget and executive offices within State
- Experience with State financial systems, to include the Global Financial Management System (GFMS) and Integrated Logistics Management Systems (ILMS) ARIBA, to execute financial requests; and, monitoring allotments, obligations and expenditures using Data Warehouse
- Experience tracking DoD funding through SCIP
- Active Security Clearance at the SECRET level
Candidates must have expertise in foreign assistance evaluation methods and security sector reform, with experience working with Department of Defense and Department of State stakeholders. Candidates will possess effective diplomatic, time management, and oral and written communication skills. Successful candidates must be able to manage multiple, parallel tasks, operate effectively in a matrix organization, have a strong work ethic, and the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
Clearance: Active SecretAdditional Requirements
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.Disclaimer
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program