The Laborer (Industrial Construction) is responsible for assisting skilled and more experienced crew members by doing tasks that require little training. This position will perform a broad array of material handling. Also, cleaning equipment and work areas. To perform the job effectively, laborers must be familiar with duties of the crew they are helping as well as with materials, tools and the use of some machinery. This should be performed in a safe, productive and professional manner. This is a variable position.
Duties & Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Reading blueprints or job specifications to be able to perform various welding tasks. Move,
- secure, install, build, load or unload materials as directed by the site Superintendent.
- Move items from place to place based on project plans or direction from the site Superintendent.
- Perform setup and clean up tasks at job site, including removal of debris
- May operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Provide labor support as necessary for site crew
- Adhere to the general safety plan
- Operate general construction equipment at the site when given proper training
- Record keeping up to date (times cards etc.)
- Perform work of a quality level consistent with Fives North American Construction Services
- standard practice.
- Conform to OSHA and Company safety plan including wearing personal protective devices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to recognize, set up and operate hand and power tools
- Willingness to work in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate safety equipment and use safe work habits at all times.
- Easy to work with in a collaborative team environment
- Personal effectiveness and credibility
- Ability to work varied hours including weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel up to 80% with potential additional travel
- Strong work ethics
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures
- 2+ years of construction experience
- Must have own hand tools, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Education: High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred
Fives North American Combustion, Inc., was established in 1918 in Cleveland, Ohio and is a world leader in industrial combustion. Fives North American Combustion's parent company, The Fives Group, is an industrial engineering group which designs and supplies process equipment and plant facilities to major industrial players throughout the world. Headquartered in Paris, France Fives provides integrated process solutions to the aluminum, steel, cement, glass, sugar and automotive markets.
We are committed to new product development as well as our ongoing engineering, designing, and manufacturing of a wide range of industrial products including: burners, blowers, valves, regulators, flame safety systems, burner and furnace controls.
Fives North American Combustion, Inc. serves a diverse set of industries including: Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Forging, Gypsum, Glass, Brick, Paper, Heat Treat, Ceramics, Incineration, and Air Heating.
Fives North American Combustion has a strong global presence through the efforts of our direct sales force, subsidiaries, international distributors and licensees. Our headquarters is in Cleveland, Ohio where we support business operations, research and development, engineering, inside sales, and manufacturing.