Title: Scrum Master
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
This Scrum Master works on a critical mission requirement that will ultimately enable a more comprehensive, scalable, flexible data environment, and rigorous Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) ready analytic data environment for a key player in the IC.
The Scrum Master is responsible for the following:
- Provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the Agile development process and delivery of application.
- Is accountable for removing impediments to allow the Agile team to focus on their development tasks.
- Supports Agile based Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for software development creating necessary standards, tools and best practices.
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprints and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related responsibilities.
- Tracks and communicates team velocity and progress.
- Maintains process documentation.
- Participates in all customer driven software development gate reviews (requirements, analysis, design, develop, test).
- Ensures the team is practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Recommends improvements and assists in changes to best practices.
- Updates Agile tracking systems to provide transparency.
- Improves the productivity of the team.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- 3-8 years of experience*
- Applied expertise on multiple complex assignments.
- Ability to work on assignments that are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to complete tasks.
- Experience operating with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Ability to contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS in related field, additional 4 years can be substituted in lieu of a degree*
- Certified Scrum Master
Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia, ALEX – Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HumanResources@alexinc.com.
· Woman-Owned Small Business
· VEVRAA Federal Contractor
· Affirmative Action Employer
· Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
Posting ID: 609796523Posted: 2021-03-02