Facebook is seeking a motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented candidate with impeccable judgment and management skills to join the Payments Compliance Team. The Sanctions Investigations and Intelligence Manager's remit will include, but is not limited to: acting as a point of escalation and subject matter expert on a range of sanctions compliance processes. You will work collaboratively with a dynamic group of cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to Legal, Product, Engineering, Finance, and Marketing. You will create innovative scalable proactive investigative and intelligence processes to harness the "transactional" power of Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and other Facebook companies. You will lead a group of analysts focused on escalations, referrals, proactive platform searches, curating content for internal watch lists, and ensuring timely completion of high risk sanctions reviews. You will partner with legal and product resources to design and execute the screening and investigative support for new launches of unique one-time product offerings. You will help Facebook Payments ensure that its compliance policies, internal controls and systems help Facebook in its mission to "bring the world closer together."In this role, you will lead investigators as well as investigation activity across multiple platforms to ensure that it falls within acceptable parameters established by governing bodies. Create consistent, well established, documented, and rationalized processes/procedures that are supported by regulatory and industry guidance and requirements. Provide support and subject matter expertise during internal audits, third party reviews, and regulatory exams for escalations, investigations, and intelligence areas globally. Manage resources across the globe. You will lead escalation efforts with sanctions counsel, as well as lead and/or coordinate research stemming from legal requests. Ensure appropriate reporting of operations and escalations metrics, as well as responsible for providing updates to management as well as executive management. Ultimately responsible for the timely completion of sanctions escalations and sanctions high risk reviews. Note: The candidate must be fluent in US, IR, and EU sanctions regulations and comfortable in performing regulatory research as/when needed.
- Act as the point of escalation for analysts to surface potentially illegal activity, global watch list matches, or activity in violation of the economic and trade sanctions administered by OFAC as well as other economic sanctions regimes
- Produce timely and accurate management information to assist decision-making processes within the team and cross-functionally
- Work collaboratively with like-minded cross functional partners to leverage tools and functionality to continuously develop the payments investigative processes
- Monitor trends and patterns within the defined process area to identify upstream risk and taking appropriate action to mitigate such risks
- Liaise with external stakeholders and industry groups to remain up to date on industry trends and patterns
- Respond to Requests for Information from downstream and partner Financial Institutions
- Apply analytic techniques to complex information sets in order to make logical and supported recommendations
- Develop deep cross-functional partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to enhance investigative processes provide and minimize risk
- Liaise with vendors to ensure effective operation and implementation of solutions
- Create innovative scalable proactive investigative and intelligence processes while harnessing the transactional power of Facebook's product suite
- Regulatory reporting, management reporting, operational metrics, visibility, communication, and sharing achievements
- 10+ years experience conducting research and investigations related to Sanctions, Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications
- Analytical and investigative experience combined with experience navigating through large amounts of data in order to report critical information
- Experience communicating complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels of management, regulators, auditors, and third parties
- Experience working efficiently with an attention to detail in investigations and analysis
- Management experience, managing sanctions analysts with a global remit
- Experience navigating ambiguity
- Experience leading in challenging situations
- Experience completing time‐sensitive analysis of financial activities across multiple jurisdictions and countries
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification or similar
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.