When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.Job Summary (Purpose):
With a commitment to safety; installs, maintains, and services all customer and company Cylinder Exchange and Cylinder Exchange vending propane installations and equipment while providing excellent customer service. Works to meet ACE Region productivity and sales goals.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety - Performs all daily functions in a safe manner by adhering to all federal and state codes and regulations, in addition to all AmeriGas Safety and Operations Policies and Procedures; utilizing all Personal Protective Equipment; completing all required training and certification; driving defensively; maintaining company and customer equipment and vehicles according to policy and procedure. Utilizes service related tools and equipment in a safe and appropriate manner by following instructions and guidelines to maintain a safe work environment. Maintains a safe work environment in the location by participating in Safety meetings and promoting safe housekeeping.
- Customer Service - Maintains excellent customer relations by providing courteous, professional and timely service; limiting customer call backs; promoting dependability; communicating and demonstrating the importance of safety and product knowledge; and resolving customer issues and concerns in cooperation with other location employees to gain customer loyalty and increase the customer base through customer growth and retention. Perform cylinder exchange and vending machine training for both customer and AmeriGas personnel.
- Service - Install sand services customer and company installations by utilizing mechanical skills to examine equipment; performs testing on equipment and repair equipment as required to ensure safe operation. Meet all service level agreements in customer contracts that relate to timeliness of service and repair.
- Sales and Marketing- Maintain AmeriGas banners, signs and decals on vending machines and cages at customer sites. Maintain and clean vending machines and cages to present a positive retail installation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Record Keeping and Administration - Accurately record materials and labor utilized in service calls and installations; maintaining inventory controls; and completing appropriate paperwork for all work completed.
Education and Experience Required:
- DOT licensing and requirements; CDL with HazMat and air brakes endorsement; CETP; any state and local licenses required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Working conditions and Physical Demands:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Two to five years related experience, in the propane industry preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and smell. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb and/or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; normal office environment; hazardous or caustic chemicals; and flammable materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Nearest Major Market:
Denver Job Segment:
Technician, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Retail Sales, Technology, Healthcare, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Retail
Posting ID: 600637143Posted: 2021-01-19