Kelly Services is looking to identify Patient Access Specialists for an upcoming need with an industry-leading bio-pharmaceutical client of ours in the Gaithersburg, MD area. This is a long-term opportunity to work at a great organization!
- Pay Rate: $24.00/hr
- Hours/Shift: Must have open availability to work any 8 hours shift - between 8 AM – 8 PM EST (shift will be assigned upon hire)
- Duration: 1+ year contract (possible Temp-to-Hire)
- Location: Gaithersburg, MD (remote during COVID)
*Note: Position is recruited for by a National Kelly Recruiter, not your local Kelly branch. For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Katie at KATL910@KellyServices.com
- Manage day to day activities of health care provider support requests and deliverables across multiple communication channels i.e. Phone, Fax, Chat, eMail, etc.
- Perform intake of cases and capture all relevant information in the Case Management system
- Ensure all support requested is captured within the Case Management system
- Ensure timely processing and resolution of cases
- Escalate cases appropriately to the Patient Access Associate team
- Coordinate all appropriate aspects of patient case management through to completion, using effective interpersonal skills to manage interactions
- Serve as a resource for Health Care Providers and patients and use regional reimbursement, distribution and payer policy expertise to provide solutions for complex patient access situations, working closely with the PAA team to appropriately escalate/resolve issues
- Communicate effectively with payers, third party administrators and other departments
- Perform in-depth research into patient’s insurance, prior authorization and appeal requests on behalf of the provider
- Educate offices on programs and referral process to ensure timely case processing
Position Requirements - Minimum Requirements:
- Associates Degree or equivalent education in health sciences, managed healthcare, public policy, social work or related disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of healthcare/healthcare reimbursement experience; high level of proficiency in all aspects of reimbursement and access, i.e., benefit investigations, specialty pharmacy distribution, private and public payer reimbursement policies and procedures, regulatory and administrative rules
- Coordination of patient access experience
- Expert knowledge of specialty products, reimbursement for medical and pharmacy benefits, patient access processes and patient assistance programs: operational policies and processes
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative, as well as any relevant quantitative, targets and goals
- Experience with HIPAA policy, patient access data and analytics
- Must be able to support all hours of operations (Hours of operations are 8am-8pm ET)
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education in health sciences, managed healthcare, public policy, social work or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years of healthcare/healthcare reimbursement experience; high level of proficiency in all aspects of reimbursement and access, i.e., benefit investigations, specialty pharmacy distribution, private and public payer reimbursement policies and procedures, regulatory and administrative rules
- Relevant biologics healthcare/ insurance experience
- Billing/ Coding background in buy and bill and Specialty Pharmacy markets
- Ability to drive projects and cases to completion, be self-directed, have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Excellent customer service
- Effective organizational management
- Proficient competency using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple parallel projects
- Business acumen; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting Access Services programs
- Work hours may vary depending on regional alignment to support Health Care Providers
It's a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and gain valuable experience so apply today!!
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Posting ID: 605995117Posted: 2021-02-26