Position Title: Title Closer
General Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for conducting and controlling the explanation and signing of the closing documents as well as the collection and disbursement of funds at the closing table for all types of purchase and/or loan transactions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for overseeing the explanation and signing of the documentation needed to complete the closing transaction, while following eTitle, Seller and Lender Requirements, including obtaining funding numbers, verifying identification and collecting funds and documentation as instructions require.
· Responsible for preparing copy packages for all parties who attend the closing, prepare Short Form Policies (if required), organize the file by utilizing the designated cover sheets, receipt incoming funds, cut checks, run tape and confirm the file is in balance.
· Travel to closings outside of the office, as required.
· When not conducting a closing, help other teams by disbursing, assisting with reports or scanning, tracking and mailing recorded documents.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required and Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Industry experience required
· Experience with both residential and commercial transaction types
· Highly proficient with technology, including all Microsoft Office products
· RON / RIN Closing experience preferred
· Demonstrates a positive and productive work ethic
· Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong problem-solving skills; ability to work to tight deadlines
· Professional and process improvement mindset
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer