REQ#: RQ74741 Travel Required: 10-25% Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Systems Technician joining our team to support our government client's activities in the Northern Virginia locations. At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Technician supports and manages the responsibilities of the successful completion of all tasks in assigned projects. Hardware Technicians with Active Directory experience solid Microsoft/Outlook skills background in "touch maintenance" (aka Hands-on) of workstations , monitors, KVMs (switch boxes), cabling, printer set up/configuration/maintenance, mice, keyboards, troubleshooting of all the aforementioned, electronic ticketing systems, attention to detail and direct customer service. -Fast-paced, High movement environment with occasional redirection in focus based on mission needs. -Installation and response efforts for the position requires lifting equipment that weighs 20-30 pounds, walking and standing, pushing and pulling; working around, under, and over desks, as well as professional personal interactions with customers. -Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware. * Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
* Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
* Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
* Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
* Provides troubleshooting and support.
* Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
* Coordinates development of deliverables and products..
* Must be able to track project studies, plans, action items, etc..
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
* Participates in special projects as required. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: HS/GED, 0+ years of experience directly related IT operations support. Must possess appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph. Please Note: Outstanding location!! Close to Rt. 66, Rt. 28 and Dulles Toll Road. Free 24-hour access to the location state of the art gym, on-site dry cleaners, hair salon, free parking and outstanding cafeteria (Starbucks) available at site. Come and join us!! GDIT CAREERS Opportunity Owned Discover more at gdit.com/careers General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. At GDIT, our "People First" culture commits to every employee feeling valued and supported throughout their career. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package - including programs focused on financial, physical, emotional and social well-being - demonstrates this commitment.