Team Velocity is a full-service marketing agency serving the automotive industry; providing fully integrated marketing solutions to Manufacturers (OEMs) and Dealerships nationwide. Our unique culture promotes creativity, camaraderie, and success. Our team members are hard-working and driven to achieve success for our Clients.
As a Copywriter, you will be responsible for crafting content for a variety of client deliverables including newspaper ads, websites, direct mail and more, with a primary focus on creating television and radio spots. You will work closely with the Client Services and Production teams to ensure timely delivery of creative content in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. A strong work ethic and passion for the written word are essential.
This is a full-time remote work position, eastern time zone highly preferred.
- Develop scripts and creative concepts for tv and radio
- Write copy for media, email campaigns, websites, online and print advertising
- Manage pipeline workflow through internal platforms (CRM tools)
- Partner with other team members and assist with concept development and production of marketing and sales support materials
- Collaborate with creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of branding and advertising initiatives
- Engage in new business presentations and spec work for potential clients
- Maintain constant communication with Account Teams on deliverables’ status and current work-in-progress using internal processes
- Learn and maintain knowledge of compliance and co-op requirements for all manufacturers
- Support Account Management team with additional tasks, as needed
- Understand Clients’ goals and effectively organize deliverables to ensure productive campaign results
- Exercise proactive daily communications in a professional and efficient manner
- Assist with corporate branding and marketing, as needed
- Work ahead on client deliverables; what you know in advance, do in advance
- Know your audience! Be a student of the Industry! Hone your understanding of the automotive industry, company culture, products, services, strategic communication planning and integrated marketing strategies
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Creative Writing or related field
- 5+ years’ professional copywriting experience
- Retail (B2C) copywriting experience for television, print and radio scripts, required
- Automotive Agency experience, highly preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills in print, web, email, and social media channels
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work quickly to meet deadlines, and produce accurate and high-quality work
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision in a team setting
- Flexible and can adapt to quickly changing priorities and tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to thoroughly proofread all of your work
- Positive attitude and diligent worker who takes pride in their work
- Must submit writing samples, prefer sample ad scripts
Competitive compensation commensurate on experience, as well as participation in company benefit offerings including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and wellness. This is a full-time, remote, salaried position reporting to our corporate office in Herndon, VA.
If you are interested in this position and would like to be considered, please COMPLETE the online application, and be sure to upload a current resume and WRITING SAMPLES. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Posting ID: 601600920Posted: 2021-01-27