We are hiring a Transportation Supervisor reporting to the Director of Transportation, working Monday through Friday, 7:30 am 4:30 pm with some flexibility and may occasionally require weekends, holidays, and overtime. A successful candidate will be responsible for some brokerage duties and assisting with supervising, leading, and training the transportation brokerage department and the WSI Transportation intrastate truck fleet in Wisconsin.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- $45-$55K annually
- health, dental, vision, 401K, and profit sharing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Supervising a team of 6 full-time drivers and 1 dispatcher located in the Fox Valley.
- Promote safety, adherence to all government regulations, focus on service, and maintaining and improving profitable operations in truck fleet.
- Managing freight (full truckload, LTL, rail/port drayage, small parcel, etc.) from multiple WSI origin points throughout the United States.
- Completing customer RFP s.
- Maintaining and negotiating carrier and customer rates.
- Resolving billing disputes with carriers and customers.
- Assisting with customer startup projects.
- Helping the department further develop applicable skills.
- Assisting with various projects as assigned by leader.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A well-rounded knowledge of transportation and logistics, including expertise working with TMS software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail are also required.
Apply Online Below
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a supply chain supervisory role.
Posting ID: 590358688Posted: 2020-12-10