We have a part-time opening for a Catering Sales Manager.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 2 or more years experience.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
Catering Sales Manager
Full or Part Time
À la Carte Catering + Event Design is an award-winning premier caterer, featuring locally inspired menus and delicious fresh seasonal food. We serve clients in and around the Metropolitan Washington DC area. Our associates deliver highly personalized creative services for weddings, corporate events, and social occasions and celebrations.
À la Carte Catering + Event Design is growing and is seeking an organized and motivated individual to work as a Catering Sales Manager. The Catering Sales Manager is responsible to foster productive relationships with clients to ensure repeat business. This person must be capable of prospecting for and closing business. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with staff as well as new and long-standing clients, with a deep focus on customer service and delivery.
- Handles all sales account details, including but not limited to: Speaking with clients, preparing detailed proposals, contracts, event orders, closing sales and event follow up
- Manage intricate business with considerable customer expectations
- Achieve Catering Sales goals
- Attend venue walk throughs
- Work as a liaison for vendor and venues from music, to tenting, to deliveries
- Assist with meetings, in-house tastings, and off-site visits
- Source out new vendors and stay apprised of trends in table setting, decor, lighting, food, color palettes, and event activities
- Attend and assist at trade shows
- Work autonomously to exceed client expectations
- Capable of prioritizing and organizing work assignments
- Think clearly and objectively to analyze a client concern
- Understand the importance of the details
Education and experience
- College or University attendance preferred
- Previous experience with sales, cold calling, catering, event planning, hospitality experience
- Experience with Caterease TM, Total Party Planner TM , or other catering software is a major plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required as well as experience in social media
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and responsibilities
- Medical (Full time only)
- Paid Time Off (Full time only)
- Great food
Posting ID: 38474180Posted: 2020-07-14