CATALYST provides services to build prototypes of new AWS cloud-based technical capabilities, and bring those capabilities through the full software development lifecycle including agile development, system test, and transition to operations (SecDevOps). This includes all services required to support application development, systems engineering, cloud services, COTS integration, and ongoing operations and maintenance. The successful candidate will divide their time between 2 focus areas: (1) supporting the ongoing operations and maintenance of developed and released AWS-based applications, and supporting new AWS development efforts as time allows, and (2) performing the administrative and support functions for, and ongoing enhancement of, a server-based Tableau visualization dashboard.
Working independently, perform O&M for production AWS applications; monitor operations and take appropriate action as scheduled and in response to service interruptions; appropriately handle operational issues with production AWS applications to restore service or escalate to senior team members
Work with the software development team on the development and testing of new AWS features/capabilities as time allows
Perform administrative and support functions for the Tableau dashboard; manage users, condition data, and refine existing visualizations
Work with the software development team and the Customer to expand the available data set for data analytics; develop new Tableau visualizations in response to evolving/expanding Customer requirements
Interact frequently and effectively with team members, management and Customers
Adapt to changing work requirements with multiple tasks and priorities; be flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities
BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a scientific or technical disciple, plus 8 years relevant experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
• ACTIVE clearance with the US Government sponsor (TS/SCI with Poly)
• Application development (e.g., Java, Python, NodeJS, Go/GoLang)
• Basic familiarity with application development using Amazon Web Services
• Experience with developing and deploying WEB based applications
• Ability to work and collaborate effectively with a diverse group across dispersed locations.
• Experience working within the Open Source Enterprise (OSE)
• Experience working with AI and ML
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) (e.g., CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Serverless Application Model (SAM), CLI, EC2 instance provisioning and maintenance)Ai and ML
• Linux operating systems (e.g., CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu)
• Unix scripting (awk, perl, sed, bash)
• System monitoring services (e.g., Splunk, AWS CloudWatch)
• Visualization applications (e.g., Tableau, AWS QuickSight)
• User and server certificates (e.g., PKI certificate requests and renewals, AWS KMS, SSL/TLS)
• Networking architecture principles (e.g., Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Subnets, PrivateLink)
• Security architecture principles (AWS)(e.g., Security Groups, Web Application Firewall (WAF) and Shield)
• Agile development management (e.g., Jira)
• AWS certification
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.