Overview We're growing. Froehling & Robertson, Inc., (F&R)
has been proudly engineering stability in the country since 1881. In addition to being one of the oldest
, independent testing/engineering companies, F&R is also a minority-owned
business offering competitive compensation/benefits
, and a positive work environment
designed around the philosophy of mutual respect for all! Our shared F&R/Employee values include: fairness, integrity, and high ethical standards.And. You've made it just in time!
We're always on the lookout for FRESH and ENERGIZED
talent; individuals and professionals who are not afraid to get their boots and hats a little dirty from the ruffles of the journey to engineering stability together. Come be a part of this talented and dedicated team.
Join stability. Apply now!Who we're looking for
F&R is seeking a leader with a background in private sector and governmental construction projects to provide construction materials testing and special inspection services, and project management. You are responsible for coordinating of the efforts of other engineers, technicians, special inspectors, and sub-consultants to deliver results that ensure our goal of exceeding our clients' expectations on every project.
Responsibilities What you'll be doingIncluding but not limited to:
- Project management of construction materials testing and special inspection projects addressing building materials such as soils, asphalt, concrete, masonry.
- Reviewing reports, plans, drawings, specifications and other project data.
- Adhering to project budgets, record keeping, materials testing, and inspections.
- Coordinating and communicating with contractors and clients.
- Supervising and directing engineering technicians, special inspectors and subcontractors.
- Evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures, and criteria during the performance of engineering services.
- Work with staff of engineers, technicians, and admin personnel to provide service.
- Satisfy multiple and unrelated deadlines.
- Preparing technical reports and letters
Qualifications What you need to have:
Check out our perks + Benefits:
- BA in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field
- PE License required, or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Multiple years of experience in construction materials testing and inspections desired
- Must be a team leader who can lead growth and success through F&R values
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to multi-task and meat deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Excellent attention to details
- Valid driver's license and good-standing driving record
- Some travel will be required
- Must be willing to participate in and pass F&R's pre-employment screening including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record
In addition to our welcoming company culture and competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy the below benefits:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Company-observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 401K retirement
- Company Cell Phone + tablet
- Use of Company Vehicle
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other reason protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
F&R participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States. EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace.