Job Description: Reports To: F&B Manager
Department: Food and Beverage
Status: Full Time Seasonal
Join us as we take on a re-envisioning of Ski Granby Ranch. We are a new resort and hospitality management company, but we have a way of doing business that has been forged by over forty years in the mountain resort and hospitality sectors. You will become part of an organization that is fundamentally biased towards team. We look for people who share our ethos:
• Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds; importantly, that success is the team’s success. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
• Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant mode of innovating, creating, and executing, all of which is thoughtfully balanced with a foundational sense of focus and attention to detail.
• Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members, without question. We are snowmakers who quietly go about our duties at midnight; human resources professionals who navigate the challenges of business in mountain communities; the back-of-house staff passionately dedicated to our craft. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
• Professionalism & Relatability. We sit in boardrooms. We turn wrenches. We flip burgers. We believe an egalitarian culture, respect, shared passion, and a sense of community among mountain people is imperative to success.
The Sous Chef assists the Executive Chef in daily operations of the Culinary Department, including, but not limited to, team member development, menu development, inventory, ordering, and cost control, in all Granby Ranch food and beverage outlets and operations. Oversees the activities of kitchen team members and monitors food production in the absence of the Executive Chef.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain an organized, clean, efficient work space and maintain sanitization throughout the day in accordance with COVID-19 regulations and company policy.
• Plans and directs all food preparation for kitchen operations, on a daily basis.
• Oversees all kitchen team members on a daily basis.
• Maintains and ensures quality control for food preparation and presentation on a daily basis.
• Assists with ordering of all products for kitchen on a daily basis.
• Assist with specials in GRG on a daily basis.
• Adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for food quality, safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
• Maintains a clean and professional appearance at all times.
• Handles kitchen operations for weddings and special events, executes wedding and special event tastings, including, but not limited to, ordering, planning, and preparation.
• Oversees daily back of the house operations for all Granby Ranch food and beverage outlets and assists with menu development.
• Trains new kitchen team members and maintains ongoing training for all kitchen team members.
• Follows all guidelines for codes of conduct set in Granby Ranch Employee handbook and Food and Beverage Employee handbook.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
• Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
• Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
• Assists with administrative duties, including payroll.
• Assists with cost of goods analysis, as requested.
• Handles performance management tasks including recognition and disciplinary actions for team members as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to lead staff.
• Knowledge of food and trends in the food and beverage industry.
• Organizational and multitasking skills required.
• Ability to think quickly and react professionally to guest and team member issues or concerns.
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Speak, read, write in English fluently.
• Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• This position supervises all kitchen team members in the absence of the Executive Chef.
• Supervision includes up to twenty five (25) team members.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Experience in multi unit operations.
• Associates degree in culinary arts preferred.
• Must be familiar with Colorado State Health Codes and food safety regulations.
• 5+ years experience in a professional kitchen.
• At least 2 years experience in a professional kitchen in a supervisory role.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Fast paced professional kitchen
• Primarily indoor work environment in a kitchen with some requirements outdoors in a mountain environment with variable weather conditions.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Exposure to extreme temperatures within kitchen environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
• Dexterity for utilizing knives, kitchen equipment, etc.
• Verbal and auditory abilities necessary for communication with others.
• Skiing, Walking, Kneeling, Squatting, Reaching, Grabbing, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Sitting, Standing.
• Weekend and holiday work required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.