Executive Assistant to the Executive Director of the NOVA Foundation (*Restricted)Department:
Exec Dir. NVCC Educ FoundationPosting Number:
Annandale, VA: 22003Full or Part Time:
Full TimeSalary Range:
Reporting directly to the Executive Director (ED) of the NOVA Foundation, the Administrative Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Executive Director and Foundation staff. The Administrative Assistant will represent the ED as well as the Foundation, serving as the 'front door' for all internal and external contacts that may include donors, faculty, college staff and community and corporate stakeholders.
*This position is restricted and is funded with non-continuous or non-recurring funding and is subject to continuation based on fiscal year funds and the needs of the college.Duties and Responsibilities:
•Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Conserves the ED's time by reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting and proof-reading letters and documents; researching, collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
• Maintains the ED's appointments schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, teleconferences, and travel.
• Schedules meetings using video conferencing technology.
• Serves as the first point of contact for the Foundation and the ED for calls; answers and directs inquiries as appropriate.
• Assists in the preparation of Foundation Board and Committee documents and manages the distribution of such in a timely manner.
• Prepares the necessary documents and tracks HR and purchasing functions for the Foundation.
• Understands information security and maintains strict confidentiality.
• Handles all Foundation file management and organization, both hard copy and electronic.
• Has direct, recent experience using Blackbaud Raiser's Edge, AcademicWorks, QuickBooksor other non-profit fund raising data base tool to input, update and maintain donor records.
• Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information in both hard copy and electronic forms.
• Understands and reviews budget information.
• Ensures smooth operation of office equipment by managing and completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturers' instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories and devaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Oversees and maintains all office supplies needed for Foundation operations.
• Participates by staffing fund raising events related to Foundation and College.
• Contributes to overall team efforts through participation in special projects.
• Works independently on projects and has well developed time management skills
• May supervise part-time or work-study assistants.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in online learning, attending educational workshops.
• Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree in business administration or related field, Or equivalent related occupational experience.
Previous budgeting and supervisory experience in clerical or administrative positions supporting multiple staff in complex, varied work environments.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field.
Significant experience supporting a senior-level executive and staff in an institution of higher education.
Experience in non-profit operations and/or college operations.
Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge, AcademicWorks, QuickBooks or other non-profit fund raising data base tool.
• Excellent communication and exceptional customer service skills
• Strong writing, editing, and proof reading skills
• Data assessment and reporting skills
• Ability to effectively supervise and manage team and office schedule
• Knowledge of office management and procedures
• Competency in Microsoft Office suite
• Competency in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge, AcademicWorks, QuickBooks or other non-profit fund raising data base tool.
• Must be detailed-oriented with good problem-solving, conflict management and resolution skills
• Excellent presentation, organization and time management skills
• Ability to balance and manage multiple and competing priorities
• Ability to maintain and troubleshoot office, video and teleconferencing equipment
02/17/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.Background Check Statement:
The selected candidate's offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth's
Statement of Economic Interest.