The Executive Director has the direct responsibility of managing the residence in compliance with PSLG Operations Manual, the state regulations for personal care homes, and the rules and regulations of the local fire and health departments. The Executive Director has the primary responsibility for profit and loss at the community. Additionally, the manager is to assure that the residence is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner and that the highest degree of quality care is provided to the resi-dents.
- To operate the community in conformity with the policies and procedures of PSLG and with the state and local rules and regulations.
- Assure that the established menu and recipes are followed and the meals are served in a timely and tasteful manner.
- Be prepared to implement the emergency response program.
- Responsible for maintaining proper staffing at all times. This responsibility includes screening, hiring, establishing and maintaining required staff files, training, counseling, scheduling and terminating all employees as required. In larger facilities may delegate this major responsibility to an assistant who will hire and terminate with the manager’s approval.
- Responsible for supervising the medication program and assuring that each resident's medica-tion records are accurate and current. Must assure that state and corporate procedures for as-sisting residents with self-medication are strictly followed. In larger facilities, may delegate the major responsibility of the medication program to an assistant who will insure that this function is extremely accurate.
- Responsible for recordkeeping on all residents and employees and ensuring compliance and confidentiality of these records.
- Supervision of the department heads and ensure that they are in compliance with the duties and responsibilities of their positions as defined by their job descriptions.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of the resident activity program. In larger facili-ties, may delegate the major responsibility of the activity program to the Activities Director who will be supervised by the Executive Director.
- Responsible for observing the overall health and well-being of each resident. Responsible for notifying the resident's sponsor and personal physician and to take other appropriate actions should significant changes be noted. Must maintain accurate files on each resident that are re-quired by the state and corporate office.
- Responsible for marketing the residence. The corporate marketing department will provide some collateral materials and some advertising, training, and direction. The managers of the larger communities may delegate the organization, community outreach, and corporate report-ing activities to the Community Relations Director while maintaining close involvement with the marketing process and community relations.
- Responsible for submitting all required reports to the corporate office in a timely and legible manner. In larger facilities may delegate to the Community Relations Director the responsibility of writing the marketing reports before the Executive Director submits them to the corporate office.
- Responsible for administering the financial controls of the community in strict compliance with established corporate policies.
- May need to perform physical work such as cooking, cleaning and assisting residents during peak work and/or when employees are absent.
- Primary link between the company and the local community. In this role, will often be required to appear at public and/or professional events or gatherings. Additionally, the Executive Direc-tor should, at all times, maintain a friendly positive and professional relationship with the resi-dents and their families. In larger facilities, some of this responsibility may be shared with the Community Relations Director.
- Should conduct his/her personal life in a manner that will not reflect badly on the community or PSLG.
- May be assigned other duties and responsibilities as may become necessary.
- This position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week, including at least one weekend per three weeks and evenings and weekends as needed.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and residents in the community.
- Attendance on the job as scheduled.
- Successful completion of drug screening.
- Successful completion of motor vehicles records check.
- Have a minimum of one year's experience in assisted living business.
- Have a minimum of one year's experience in marketing or sales.
- Have demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the elderly.
- Have superior supervisory and multiple job management skills.
- Have ability to effectively communicate with physicians, referral sources, elderly residents and families, as well as with staff.
- Have ability to manage the community's finances and physical building.
- Have patience, creativity, high energy, resourcefulness in problem solving, and desire to follow corporate direction.
- Have physical fitness and ability to perform physical work when necessary to stand-in for other employees.
- Must be able to work under stress and in emergency situations.
- Must be able to work under conditions which require sitting, standing, walking, reaching, pull-ing, pushing, lifting, and grasping with risk of environmental exposure to communicable disease.
- Must be able to effectively convey instructions and information to residents and staff members.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with other staff members, referral sources, residents and their families and physicians.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Posting ID: 74385622Posted: 2020-11-11