Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202001337
The Sales Strategy Director leads engagement teams of quantitative and qualitative strategy resources and select internal partners in developing and executing both short- and long-term strategies for Cox Automotive Sales. S/he will be tasked with helping internal clients solve complex challenges and supporting them through critical transformation periods. This position will lead efforts to identify, evaluate and analyze opportunities within the extended sales organization for continued optimization. S/he will also lead the design and piloting of go-to-market strategies for new products, new teams, new business models, and changing market conditions. The Sales Strategy Director will need to drive alignment across business lines and partner closely with other CAI groups and leaders to ensure successful creation and execution of strategies that will drive short- and long-term EBITDA growth.
• Ten (10) or more years of experience as high-performing contributor in a strategy role or in management consulting. Sales or sales strategy experience a plus.
• Proven experience managing people, and/or managing within a matrixed team structure.
• Must be able to cultivate exceptional partnerships across multi-layered organizations with executives throughout the company at various levels
• History of providing best-in-class services for planning, designing, deploying, and supporting sales transformation and optimization initiatives
• A broad and business-oriented understanding of sales issues and opportunities
• Self-starter able to thrive in a fast-paced, quick changing environment. Ability to take independent action including initiating creative ideas or potential solutions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (day and overnight trips)
• Automotive experience preferred
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.