Manager of External Innovation & Collaboration
THE POSITION – Manager, External Innovation & Collaboration (EICG) In External Innovation & Collaboration (EICG) group you will:
- Conceptualize, evaluate, execute, and manage external innovation projects in the disease area aligned with company’s interests;
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for collaboration and in-licensing. The focus is on innovative potential medicines at the candidate selection level up to clinical PoC as well as new target discovery, innovative technologies, and novel drug discovery programs;
- Communicate with Academia, Tech and Pharma Industry thought leaders to understand technology and identify future opportunities that could innovate drug development;
- Establish and cultivate relationships with innovation leaders in academia, hospitals, governmental institutions, biotech industries, and potentially charities, venture capital firms;
- Help building strong matrix teams of internal and external experts to drive both the scientific and business aspects of opportunity evaluation;
- Serving as the internal primary point in preparation and presentation of proposal. Work closely with cross functional teams during the process of evaluation, communication, and execution;
- Organize and conduct regular internal workshops to foster innovation culture at all levels of organization;
- Use innovation to differentiate the company in the market, providing unique value to customers that strengthens external relationships;
- Regularly prepare process reports and updates on innovation initiatives and focus areas for leadership reviews
- Build a Healthier World
- Superior knowledge and understanding of diseases from both basic and clinical science perspectives, with proven track record of success in either area and some level of experience in the other;
- Strong understanding of gap between bench study and clinical application. Understanding of rationale in scientific trends and new concepts in pharmaceutical development;
- R&D savvy, with good understanding of principles of new product development, high level commercial assessment and business case building;
- High degree of attention to detail. Ability to think strategically as well as to act tactically. Must have ability to multitask;
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects and deliver quality results within time constraints;
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict-resolution skills. Result and quality oriented, able to analyze inputs from all involved groups to identify the impact, draw conclusions, to set direction and define appropriate actions;
- Experience in external search and scientific evaluation is required. Transactional/licensing and/or mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus;
- Excellent networking ability in cross-cultural environment inside and outside of the company. Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation skills;
- Ability to represent the company in external scientific/academic world and to act as an ambassador for the company;
- Ability to travel within and outside of the U.S.
REQUIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- PhD in Biology or a related scientific field (e.g. oncology, immunology, chemistry, pharmacology). Extensive scientific experience preferably obtained through >3 year experience in multiple functions in the pharmaceutical industry. Outstanding scientific excellence in drug discovery and early development is a strong plus;
Previous working experience in tech transfer office or equivalent setting i
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Posting ID: 607668513Posted: 2021-03-07