Leidos currently has an opening for an experienced Strategic Consultant & Professional Facilitator to work remotely from your home office supporting a Department of Veterans Affairs program. This position is 100% remote.
This is a multi-faceted role requiring experience and discipline in project management, communications, and problem-solving. The ideal candidate will have a broad background supporting Department of Veterans Affairs programs, highly focused on delivering results, comfortable working with executives, senior managers and line staff.
- Functions day to day as a Functional Area Expert providing professional facilitation and consultative support leading to resolution of complex organizational, strategic or functional needs for a wide variety of VA Office of Information Technology organizations. Provides analysis and recommendations for organizational roadmaps, organizational processes, strategic and execution plans and a wide variety of data calls involving key organizational functions.
- Leads large and small group engagements sponsored by executive and senior management using a formal methodology to achieve planned goals and objectives across one or more IT organizations
- Conducts discovery and research to develop materials supporting the engagements across a broad spectrum of problems including strategic planning, operational issues and technology problems
- Leverages principles of Lean Six Sigma and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Leads planning with sponsors and key stakeholders
- Coordinates and manages execution of events attended by executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Delivers after action executive reports
- Manages risk, customer and key stakeholder relationships.
- Ensures compliance with quality standards and escalates challenges to leadership.
- Champions performance excellence and continuous process and quality improvement.
- Interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Supports data calls, executive requests and customer management needs to coordinate strategic and operational responses to meet strict deadlines.
- Conducts technical, strategic, programmatic studies and analysis to provide findings and recommendations to organizational leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required. A minimum of 10 years' experience is required. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Previous experience supporting and/or managing Department of Veterans Affairs information technology efforts including organizations, teams, projects and/or programs
- Technology-related Project and/or Program Management experience
- Must be experienced in public speaking and facilitating small or large group meetings using a formal facilitation methodology
- Proven success communicating both orally and in writing with executives, senior managers, functional managers and line staff. This includes presentations, email and verbal interactions one on one and in a group setting.
- Must have experience and deep knowledge of business, functional and technical areas/disciplines and be able to conduct research on special areas
- Must have experience proposing new solutions to problems in the areas of functional expertise
- Must be able to work and analyze both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience writing whitepapers, developing presentations and drafting formal responses to issues
- Basic understanding of business process engineering
- Professional Facilitation qualification (desired)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management
Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.