Fitness StaffPart TimeWildwood YMCA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Fitness Staff serves others by intentionally welcoming, connecting, and supporting them and inviting them to get involved and give back to the community. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Creates a safe environment in which all individuals feel welcomed and respected; build relationships with and among members and program participants.
2. Communicates appropriately with individuals based on readiness to change; coaches them in support of their desired behavior change and regularly checks on members' progress in meeting personal and program goals.
3. Shares wellness program information with members, using available tools and resources.
4. Asks and answers questions and displays empathy in support of helping members and program participants define and build confidence to achieve their health and wellness goals based on their personal goals, cultural background, healthcare needs, diverse abilities and nterests; develops plans to meet their individual needs.
5. Identifies and celebrates the successes of members and program participants.
6. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
7. Maintains and cleans equipment according to the schedule or as requested by supervisor.
8. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Physical Mobility: walking, climbing, stairs, standing, kneeling, bending, leaning, stooping and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Physical Dexterity: ability to use telephone, computer, electronic equipment, exercise equipment, office equipment (fax, copier, stapler, etc.), tools and machinery as needed.
- Lifting: ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Sensory Requirements: ability to hear, listen, speak, smell, touch, taste, see and distinguish colors.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Posting ID: 598413054Posted: 2021-01-11