Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Manager, External Communications to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchise company with approximately 9,000 hotels in 90 countries and territories on six continents. We make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
The Global Communications team has an exciting opportunity for a talented communications professional to play a critical role in helping drive external awareness and publicity for Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, with a heavy focus on domestic (U.S. and Canada) media relations.
The Manager, Global External Communications position requires the individual be a skilled communicator who is capable of developing and maintaining meaningful relationships with influential media nationally while navigating a complex global structure across multiple time zones and cultures. The role offers exposure and interaction with all levels of the organization, requiring accountability, poise, and professionalism at all times. Successfully managing and meeting varied and competing deadlines is a must. The role reports to the Senior Director, Global External Communications.
The Manager, Global External Communications will be responsible for helping drive key activities that support company and department goals. Day-to-day activities include, but may not be limited to: pitch development; press release drafting; media research; media relationship management; crisis/reputation management support; media monitoring and reporting; and maintenance of external company materials. The role requires close collaboration with key departments throughout the organization, including Development, Global Sales, Marketing, Operations, and more.
Given the nature of the 24-hour media landscape and the Communications department’s global remit, the position requires the candidate to be flexible and available in the event of crisis situations, company events or timely media inquiries.
The role is based in Wyndham’s Parsippany, N.J. headquarters, however, remote scenarios will be considered for the right candidate.
• Strong media relationships—demonstrated ability to identify, build and maintain influential relationships
• 5+ years of experience in external-facing roles within a corporate communications environment or public relations agency
• Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field preferred
• Strong reporting, interviewing, analytical and editing skills
• Excellent reasoning and decision-making abilities
• Team-first, collaborative approach
• Strong understanding of the evolving media landscape
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
• Ability to handle and troubleshoot requests and challenges, even with limited information
• Strong sense of urgency
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently
• Adaptable to shifts in priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills and organizational skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Experience with media research and monitoring platforms
• High proficiency in social and digital media
• Photoshop/graphic design/video editing/audio editing experience a plus
• Experience in travel or hospitality preferred
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time