Position Tasks & Activities:
- Monitors and directs all store operations.
- Investigates all accidents.
- Monitors store performance through daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports.
- Develops plans to improve store performance.
- Coordinators with the Director of Operations for the smooth operation of the business.
- Coordinates interviewing and hiring of employees with department manager.
- Assists department manager in mediating employee disputes.
- Evaluates department manager’s job performance per company policy.
- Reviews employee job performance reviews.
- Discusses employee work and vacation schedules with department managers.
- Develops and monitors the employee training program.
- Communicates store performance to General Manager.
- Research all safety violations and maintain separate files on each violation.
- Adhere and assure to company policies & procedures.
- Approves merchandise stocking level with Purchasing Coordinator.
- Review equipment recommendations with Purchasing Coordinator.
- Review inventory reports.
- Review store advertising and promotions with Sales Manager.
- Review and update rental contract.
- Forecast income, expense and equipment usage.
- Prepare monthly and annual store budget.
- Verify credit of new accounts.
- Review department expenses with appropriate managers.
- Prepare a strategic plan for the store.
- Maintain insurance and bonding policies.
- Maintain quality control standards.
- File police reports on lost or stolen equipment.
- Maintain government safety requirements for store and yard.
- Responsible for store’s security system and maintenance.
- Supervise maintenance and housekeeping of the facility.
- Assume employee responsibilities when needed.
- Report safety violations to Director of Operations.
- Network with other industry professionals.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Represent department at management meeting.
- Conduct department, store and safety meetings.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
To train, supervise and direct the activities of subordinates. Must be able to apply logical thinking to a wide range of problems, collect data, draw conclusions and offer constructive opinions concerning day to day activities. Establish a storewide atmosphere that promotes customer service.
Most work will be indoors with limited exposure to outside elements. The job requires constant interaction with internal staff and the public. Knowledge of computer systems to gather and analyze essential information for the future of the business is important. Must be able to quickly understand and resolve problems.
+ Management-level experience in the rental industry is a plus.
+ Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
+ Must possess sales and customer relation skills.
+ Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
+ Must speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
+ Must be able to pass company drug screen.
+ Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
+ Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
+ Must be able to train and direct activities of subordinates.
+ Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in
written, oral or scheduled form.
+ Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
+ Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and offer constructive criticism when
Reports to: General Manager