Job Description Summary:
This position is tasked with the efficient and safe operation of different types of Maillefer extrusion equipment. This position is required to maintain accurate and legible production reports. Extrusion operators are responsible for machine set ups, changeovers, selecting dies and changing dies up to 3 per day. They are responsible for all quality related aspects of our internal and industry (NSF,UL) specifications prior to shipping or being ran through any secondary processes. Lack of attention to detail in this area could result in significant amount of product scrap, impacting quality yield, delivery and cost.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate extrusion lines with guidance from engineering. Includes startup, sizing, in-process measurements and product saving.
- Prepare for extrusion runs based on the extrusion schedule, including drying materials and extrusion line setup.
- Safely operate computer-controlled equipment according to procedures, major processes include: perform die (tool) changes, changeovers, in-process checks and adjustments
- As reels fill to capacity, perform necessary reel changes per written procedures
- To verify product quality, accurately uses precision measuring devices to monitor pipe dimensions
- Accurately and legibly record all required data on production report (hardcopy or electronic)
- Maintain work area to company 6S standards by keeping all tools and equipment in designated areas; perform operator Preventative Maintenance on equipment
- Collect and submit Quality samples as required
- Seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in lean initiatives.
- Read and understand specifications and development goals based on engineering input and opportunity qualification and verification sheet (OQVS).
- Shut down and clean out extruders at the end of each extrusion run. Perform correct inventory transactions on remaining material.
- All other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Good math skills are required, including familiarity with the metric system.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Basic mechanical and technical skills are required.
- Must be able to problem solve, multitask/prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Understanding of good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Extrusion Manufacturing experience of 1-3 years is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for the majority of a shift.
116 Maple Street, Commerce, TX 75428
Posting ID: 595611117Posted: 2021-01-23