US-MA-Billerica | US-MA-BostonCategory:
Delivery & Distribution - LeadershipType:
Full TimeMin Salary:
USD $80,000.00/Yr.Max Salary:
You're a passionate delivery center customer service and operations manager with a focus on customer service and leading collaborative and engaged teams. Come, love what you do with us!
As a district-level Delivery Center Customer Service & Operations Manager (Retail Home Furnishings)
with Room & Board, you'll take full responsibility for creating an exceptional delivery experience that ensures the long-term financial health of the market. You embrace your role as a leader of others and have a deep commitment to building relationships with peers and other partners. You lead an environment that is inclusive, safe, and well maintained. You create an environment that is consistent with our Guiding Principles and understand that your success is directly tied to the success of both your team and that of your broader partners.
You'll lead and inspire a team of 20± full-service delivery and operations (merchandise quality, inventory, repair, customer support) professionals in our 29,000 sq. ft. facility responsible for delivering $20mm in home furnishing products annually to customers in the surrounding Boston area. Historically, we have found that our most successful delivery market leaders have left the demanding pace of district / regional leadership roles for equal challenges, autonomy and rewards in this role.
Room & Board is committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants. As we look to enhance the diversity of our teams and strengthen our inclusive culture, we strongly encourage people of color to apply.Location:
1 Enterprise Road, Suite 100, Billerica, MA 01821As a Delivery Center Customer Service & Operations Manager you will share your talents in the following ways:People and Partnerships
Build collaborative and meaningful relationships with others in the organization.
- Surround yourself with the right people - attract, educate and inspire top talent. Work with the Recruitment team to build a talent pipeline of individuals appropriate for the business.
- Lead, inspire and challenge all staff members in the market to continually grow both their responsibilities and contribution to the overall business.
- Communicate clear expectations, provide specific feedback, explore meaningful ways to recognize and enrich staff members' experience and rigorously manage those that don't fit their role and/or culture of the organization.
- Develop a communication strategy to ensure an effective exchange of information with the team that includes collaborative feedback.
- Focus on individual and collective development of staff members, supporting experiences that will enrich their careers, inspire personal and professional growth as well as create succession plans that strengthen broader company growth.
Create an extraordinary customer experience.
- Cultivate a culture of rich personal connections where each staff member is engaged and attentive to the needs of the customer, providing exceptional service throughout the delivery process.
- Empower team members to utilize a solution-minded approach and make decisions that are in the best interest of both the customer and Room & Board.
- Partner with retail leaders to understand the relationship between the delivery, merchandising and sales components of our business.
- Encourage an understanding of our design aesthetic, considering how it relates directly to our staff members' responsibilities and, ultimately, our customer.
- Leverage customer feedback to identify opportunities that enhance the delivery experience.
- Understand our competition and encourage staff members to share opportunities for meaningful innovation.
Maintain a facility consistent with the Room & Board aesthetic.
- Manage the security of your facility, ensuring a safe and comfortable environment for customer and staff member alike.
- Actively engage your team in the role they play maintaining a neat, clean and organized facility.
- When appropriate, decrease your footprint on the environment by recycling and/or minimizing supplies used within your facility.
Follow and build upon established best practices around our product.
Financial & Business Acumen
- Facilitate the efficient flow of inventory through the facility, understanding its relationship to a successful customer experience.
- With emphasis on the first date of delivery, strategize and support processes that promote efficiencies.
- Foster a collaborative environment that focuses on providing our customers with the highest quality product.
- Follow best practices to maintain accurate inventory.
Manage all financial and operational aspects of the business and protects company assets.
Measures of Success as a Delivery Center Customer Service & Operations Manager:
- Within acceptable ranges, plan and forecast delivered sales, location staffing and controllable expenses.
- Understand the reporting tools available and the measures we use to evaluate our business.
- Collaborate and execute strategies that support the changing needs of your market, resulting in sales and expenses that meet/exceed plan.
- Build awareness around how each staff member is accountable to the business within their market.
The experiences you'll draw from and the qualifications you'll bring: warehouse manager
- Meet or exceed key delivery and distribution measures
- Positive Tell Us What You Think (TUWYT) survey feedback
- Utilize productivity percentage as a way to connect delivered sales, staffing levels and customer experience Cohesive leadership team
- Confident voice and advocate for the business
- Strong and productive market partnerships
- Team environment that reflects Room & Board values and philosophies
- Confident team that understands the business
- Delivery center is neat, clean and organized
- Celebrate and share successes.
- Ensure a solid floor change/store transfer process understanding its impact on showroom presentation and inventory integrity
What you can expect from us: warehouse manager
- Experience, ideally district-level, in warehouse, inventory, logistics, delivery, distribution and/or retail management with an operational focus, with 5+ years of effective leadership in leading and inspiring a team of service professionals, ideally in a customer-facing environment.
- A demonstrated confidence, high standards when it comes to detail and organization, and a belief that your success is tied directly to the growth and development of the team you lead and how you treat others.
- Exceptional communication skills - both verbal & written.
- Strong financial, business and operations acumen.
- You'll enjoy a competitive salary, plus bonus, and our unique, progressive benefits that go beyond the basics of health insurance and vacation to support you physically, emotionally and financially including by offering 401(k), profit sharing, three weeks of paid vacation, free financial adviser and more. Visit our career site to learn more.
- You'll find an inclusive culture where our collaborative spirit leaves little room for bureaucracy and cumbersome rules. Instead we keep it simple, take accountability, solve problems and ultimately do the right thing. We are a people-first company. One of our deepest beliefs is in everyone's right to be treated equally and respectfully. We let this guide our actions every day. We believe in each other. View our Guiding Principles to learn more.
- You'll join a company of talented and diverse professionals who are passionate about working together to help customers create homes and spaces they love. #weareroomandboard
Room & Board is a place where people can flourish because they can be themselves. We celebrate our difference, including our beliefs and cultural traditions as well as all of the life experiences that define us. We build common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We're better together!
PM20 Regional District - Delivery Center Customer Service & Operations Manager