The NRLC is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the duties of Assistant Director of Labor Relations (ADLR). The ideal candidate will be a highly qualified Labor Relations professional who possesses excellent stakeholder engagement, is passionate about collaborating, and is able to build relationships.
Under the direction of the Director of Labor Relations (DLR) and with regular interaction with the General Counsel (GC), the Vice Chairman and Chairman, the ADLR plays a supportive role for over 40 railroad members in the areas of administration of case handling and national railroad arbitration processes, research of national collective bargaining agreements, labor agreement benchmarking, member training, and legal support.
This candidate is expected to successfully perform the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the DLR, senior members of the NRLC team, and subcommittees from member railroads to prepare for national collective bargaining ("national handling").
- Work directly with the DLR to -
- Collect, evaluate, and prepare reports on labor relations activities regarding labor contract proposals and settlements on matters including wages, work rules, benefits and other contractual terms.
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions, to ensure compliance with terms of national collective bargaining agreements.
- Serve as a resource to member railroads in providing analysis, interpretation and application of contract terms.
- Create and present enriching and relevant training programs to labor relations professionals and other leaders in the rail industry.
- Provide research on questions related to applications of nationally negotiated agreement provisions to support labor relations professionals at our member railroads.
- Prepare, review and present materials related to national collective bargaining agreements.
- Assist in the maintenance of the NRLC's records associated with national collective bargaining agreements and national railroad arbitration.
- Research NRLC's historical files and draft summaries regarding railroad labor agreement provisions and bargaining history.
National Railroad Adjustment Board (NRAB):
- Serve as the NRAB Chairman or Vice Chairman (rotating annually between management and labor) and be responsible for the administrative coordination of case handling between carrier and labor members. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the NRLC's internal NRAB Information Management System for case tracking and research purpose, including data entry and reporting.
- Provide guidance and consultation to carriers for referee selection.
- Coordinate with appropriate labor members in the assignment of cases.
- Complete and process administrative correspondence to the National Mediation Board (NMB) for funding and hearings of NRAB cases.
- Schedule referees to hear and decide cases following the allocation of Railway Labor Act Section 3 funding from the National Mediation Board (NMB).
- Review and distribute proposed awards to involved carrier member(s) for evaluation.
- Conduct award adoption sessions with appropriate labor members on an as needed
- Produce and distribute NRAB circulars to NRLC members.
- Coordinate with the National Carriers' Conference Committee (NCCC) designated representatives and labor member representatives on the NMB Advisory Forum and the Section 3
- Upload and maintain web content pertaining to national negotiations and NRAB awards.
- Maintain and update NRLC litigation docket.
- Participate in special projects relating to national handling as requested by attorneys.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Labor Relations Specialist, Location: Arlington, VA - 22202
Posting ID: 589525241Posted: 2020-11-30