The Store Manager role is critical to GameStop's success because he or she, using traditional management functions and influential leadership, influences directly the performance of everyone who interacts with customers and supports the store environment.The Store Manager is responsible for making discretionary decisions involving all sales initiatives, operational effectiveness, marketing, scheduling, hiring and firing, and all other aspects of the day-to-day business processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted, for extended periods (up to 12 hours per day).
- Ability to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 30 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders.
- Possess strong customer service skills, including clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with POS systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Able to work as scheduled to meet attendance requirements, including working extended hours/days as necessary, including Sundays.
- Ability to deliver bank deposits according to Loss Prevention safety guidelines.
- Models the professionalism and ethical conduct expected of all GameStop associates.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, diverse work environment that values people first: customers and other employees.
- Ability to deal with problems creatively.
- Ability to meet individual sales, shrink, and special program goals.
- Ability to attend offsite conferences and meetings as necessary.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIRED
- High School diploma; some college preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- 2-3 years previous retail management experience preferred.
- Must be able to attend and travel unaccompanied to required offsite meetings, including company conferences.
Posting ID: 31638022Posted: 2020-07-14