What We Do
Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco believes in the power of homeownership to create generational impact. To this end, we build homes for first-time homeowners and sustain homeownership by helping vulnerable homeowners retain their home as an asset for generations to come.
Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco is seeking a Development Manager to join its Fund Development team to support the organization's continued philanthropic success. This is a meaningful opportunity to join a dynamic, growing Fund Development team supporting HGSF's bold vision to build 300 homes in San Francisco, Marin, and San Mateo Counties.
The Development Manager plays a key role in supporting the organizations fundraising efforts, which result in over $5,000,000 in donations that enable our mission and sustain affordable homeownership. This position leads annual giving from individual donors making gifts of up to $10,000, as well as the overall strategy for donor stewardship across the organization.
Affordable homeownership matters now more than ever. Join our team today to build on our 30-year history of successful partnerships with municipalities, funders, and families to create hundreds more opportunities for local families to own a home.
Annual Giving (60%)
• Develop effective direct mail, email, and social media appeals to secure over $600,000 in annual contributions from broad base and mid-level individual donors
• Manage partnership with outside vendors to plan and execute annual giving program, ensuring all project timelines are met
• Developing strategies to retain, re-engage, and acquire donors through annual giving campaigns
• Continually test, analyze, and iterate on strategies based on the results of various appeals and marketing campaigns
• Monitors and reports on revenue and expense budgets for annual giving programs
• Analyze giving trends and keep up to date on fundraising best-practices
• Maintain, refine, and implement strategic stewardship program for donors at all levels, supporting the community's connection to HGSF's mission and work and maximizing philanthropic support for HGSF
• Develop strategy and serve as primary copywriter for donor stewardship email series
• Coordinate with staff to assign and track weekly stewardship tasks
Fund Development Departmental Support (20%)
• Support Fund Development Department with donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, including grant writing, event support, donor engagement
• Respond to donor requests promptly and graciously
• Partner with Fund Development and data team to ensure donor data and activities are accurately documented and tracked in Salesforce
• Strategic thinker who is organized, has strong follow-through, and excellent time management skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives, meeting internal and external deadlines
• Very strong written communication skills
• Demonstrated success supporting or leading fundraising initiatives preferred
• Highly organized, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and flexibility to adapt to the work
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; experience with Salesforce a plus
• Commitment to Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco mission
• Must be able to pass background check
(In accordance with state and county law: convictions do not necessarily rule out employment, it depends on the nature and severity of the conviction and is evaluated on a case by case basis, check is conducted on last 7 years only.)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and stand or bend as necessary. Must be able to travel.
Compensation for this role is competitive, DOE. This full-time position offers health, dental and vision insurance, chiropractic/acupuncture, life insurance, long-term disability, employee assistance program (EAP), Flex Savings Account (FSA), 403b retirement account, commuter benefits, 20 paid vacation days, 3 front loaded sick days (up to 72 hours accrued per year), and 12 paid holidays.
EEO: Habitat Greater San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer. Habitat Greater San Francisco strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.