This position is responsible for design, research, and product development of new and current product offerings of Angstrom Automotive Group while incorporating new technologies, innovation, and materials research, all targeted on offering optimized products with superior quality, supporting Angstrom’s overall business strategy of being a solution provider.
- Lead design and development of new products to meet customers' needs using different engineering tools (CAD/CAE). Analyze products and engineering data, and perform analytical calculations to validate new designs.
- Manage the product design engineering functions, ensuring that organization results exceed external and internal customer expectations.
- Perform design for manufacturing and manufacturing feasibility studies.
- Maintain customer relationships preparing project status reports, presenting proposed designs to customers for approval, and coordinating prototype builds.
- Develop ADVP&R plans. Co-ordinate product validation tests, summarize and analyze the test results.
- Review all design changes, from early design concepts through production release. Conduct internal reviews for each design iteration, and participate in customer directed developments. Implement engineering changes in the system.
- Facilitate APQP activities on different projects among engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, quality and sales teams.
- Develop formal project plans to include schedule tasks, proposed technical approach, key milestone completion dates and budget for different projects.
- Communicate with customers, internal management team updating the project progress and status of critical issues.
- Support quoting activities by providing engineering estimates considering different manufacturing processes.
- Manage product configuration and BOM data entry and maintenance in the ERP system.
- Identify and implement continues improvement opportunities.
- Ensure engineering department’s compliance with TS16949.
- Mentor the department personnel for technical support and guidance.
- Experience with an automotive or Heavy Duty OEM or Tier I supplier to OEMs, operating in a mature QS-9000/TS-16949 quality system.
- Experience in products such as drive shaft/propeller shafts, control arms, knuckles, two force members (Suspension & Steering Components) is preferred.
- Strong experience in metal forming and manufacturing processes including machining and assembly. Experience in forging, casting & stamping is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the APQP / PPAP process, including FMEA, control plan, special characteristics, manufacturability reviews, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Program management skills.
- An Engineering degree, in the area of manufacturing, industrial or mechanical engineering.
- At least 8 years of industry experience out of which at least 3 years should be in supervisory role.
About Angstrom Automotive Group:
Angstrom Automotive Group is a leading tier 1 full service supplier for Automotive & Industrial OEMs. Founded in 1999, Angstrom offers a very diversified product portfolio with vertically integrated manufacturing capabilities. Angstrom has 11 manufacturing locations across North America & Europe. Core manufacturing processes at Angstrom includes Stamping, Plastic Injection molding, Steel & Aluminum Forging, Aluminum High & Low Pressure Die Casting, Tubular Fabrication, Machining, Welding & Assembly.
Angstrom Group is comprised of the following companies: Angstrom – USA, Enforge, Wrena, Angstrom Aluminum Castings, Alumina, Angstrom Tubular Solutions, Tec-Air LLC, Vantec LLC, Angstrom Voss GmbH & Angstrom TruForge Kft.
More information is available at: http://www.angstrom-usa.com
Posting ID: 584213123Posted: 2021-01-21