Research Associate II Technical Development Veterinary Services
In this role you will identifies needs and develops new technical and scientific capabilities for Nonclinical Safety Assessment, Metabolism In-Life, and other appropriate groups in NSA (Nonclinical Safety Assessment). As well as interact with clients and internal scientists to understand and define scientific needs, trains technical personnel in use of newly developed technology and procedures, performs animal surgery and other skilled laboratory procedures in support of animal research studies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Provides a central leadership role as subject matter expert and acts as an authority on project development teams. The individual is responsible for interacting with the Innovation and Technology Development Team and reporting to the global CSOs on scientific and technology issues
- Performs and maintains skills for high level surgical manipulations on multiple species of animals.
- Translates technical skills into laboratory skills via development of SOPs and staff training.
- Tracks and reports project progress on all technical training and projects in progress.
- Interacts with internal and external clients to understand and clarify needs for new laboratory techniques or technology, and to develop programs to meet those needs in relationship to Veterinary Services
- Interacts with clients to understand scientific goals and seek/research methods in Veterinary Services to meet those goals for the client.
- Will act act as project leader and serves to develop teams, assign responsibilities, perform financial analysis of project costs, develop project schedules and staffing plans, and manage project timelines.
- Works with individuals locally in the North America sites, and engages in information sharing and collaboration with NSA sites outside of North America, and interacts with the Innovation and Technology Development Team on project development and tracking.
- Provides costing information for pilot studies and evolving/novel technology, cost estimates for major technology projects, and develops CERs for equipment and scientific investment.
- Develops new technical capabilities
- BS in Life Sciences or Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology or related work experience comparable to this education
- High level of skills in surgical manipulations on multiple species of animals (small and large)
- AALAS Technician or Technologist level is recommended.
Highly prefer 5 + years of combined scientific, laboratory animal technician, and academic experiences
Prior experience presenting and providing reporting and data to clients related to animal research
2+ years of experience working directly with animal research studies
Posting ID: 595012073Posted: 2021-01-18